PDA

View Full Version : Racegator Transmissions

nova21j
11-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Has anyone seen these Racegator trannys in use or heard about anyone using them. $1000 for a new one is cheap enough if they are any good. Thanks

joedoozer
11-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Never heard of them. The cartoon looking picture of the transmission and then this link to their fine cylinder head products http://www.racegators.com/ProductsView.asp?id=179 would keep me from doing any business with them. The product description on the cylinder head gave me a good laugh haha.

And then of course the About Us. Poorly translated into English, lol.
http://www.racegators.com/Company.asp

powerslide
11-21-2011, 11:37 AM
the pic they have is a brinn... Maybe they copied it and found a way to produce it cheaper. let us know how it goes

C10
11-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Yup def a Brinn knockoff

JCSullivan00
11-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Looks very sketchy to me. Especially the way they are trying to copy themselves as DAY motorsports. I wouldn't be anything. I doubt you get any products.

cassellracing24
11-24-2011, 10:42 PM
RACEGATORS(TAIYAK)
Address:FoShan City, Guangdong Province, Mainland China
Tel:0757-85621288 Fax: 0757-85621000

With a address like that.........= CRAP !!!!!!!

dirtracer_75
11-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Seen one yesterday at the scottsburg auction. Looked like a very nice piece. I plan to give one a try next season.

racin6mod
11-27-2011, 09:53 AM
it is a brinn copy made in china.the one I saw was priced at 1100 just over the price of a used brinn. I would be interested to see how long they last from what I've seen as a machinest the chines don't cast aluminum very well it's very briltal and looks like it has a lot of filler materials in it.

it you buy one keep us posted on how it works out for you.

supercomet32
11-28-2011, 06:51 AM
Actually they are the winning secret behind every major victory in both the 2010 and 2011 season.....with a deal like that you should scoop them all up before the rest of us catch on....lol

lazermod3
11-28-2011, 05:41 PM
RACEGATORS(TAIYAK)
Address:FoShan City, Guangdong Province, Mainland China
Tel:0757-85621288 Fax: 0757-85621000

With a address like that.........= CRAP !!!!!!!I would use a different word in describing this unit,and that is JUNK!I know of a couple racers that have tried them,and the results were this.One racer put it,yes they are cheap,but if they come apart while racing there no good at all.I have replaced mine with a reputable mfg.unit.

cassellracing24
11-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Crap.......Junk.......6 of 1 half dozen of another.......:confused:

Chaps46
11-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Day Automotive out of Kansas City. Different than Day Motorsports. This guy looks like he is gonna back up his stuff. Here a link to a video. http://www.inthepits.com/threads/transmissions-the-parts-business-day-automotive-huey.39460/

Looks very sketchy to me. Especially the way they are trying to copy themselves as DAY motorsports. I wouldn't be anything. I doubt you get any products.

hogracer3d
11-28-2011, 08:50 PM
A brand new Falcon is only $1099, why do Chinee?

Chaps46
11-28-2011, 09:08 PM
I find that funny.........you sure that Falcon isn't made in China? I guarantee you that at least 50% of all new race parts on your car are Chinese. Us fat greedy Americans are just to lazy to do our research and find that out. Just because it is sold by a reputable retailer like Speedway/AFCO/Winters etc. we think they r 'merican so they'll only sell 'merican stuff! They are in it to make a buck! Would you rather buy a $20 set of stamped steel valve covers or $100 for the same set stamped buy 'merican dude that pulls a handle all day and makes $40 an hours. Retarded........

joeltjen
11-28-2011, 09:15 PM
go ahead and buy that chinese COPY of a product that was researched and developed in AMERICA. the next time you're at your local track and see all those empty seats, think of all the AMERICAN workers out of a job because of all this JUNK from china!!! while you're at it , do me a favor, see how many of those chinese are in the stands watching you race

cvra
11-28-2011, 09:55 PM
A brand new Falcon is only $1099, why do Chinee?

Where do you get one for that price, Speedway has them from $1,749.99 - $1,974.99 :confused:

JCSullivan00
11-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Just saw a Falcon on Speedway for $1200. I think you were looking at the ballsplines.

hogracer3d
11-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Where do you get one for that price, Speedway has them from $1,749.99 - $1,974.99 :confused:

Motorstate Distributing, I'm a dealer, I have purchased 3 this year, $1124 delivered to my door, with coupler

dirtracer_75
11-29-2011, 12:47 PM
go ahead and buy that chinese COPY of a product that was researched and developed in AMERICA. the next time you're at your local track and see all those empty seats, think of all the AMERICAN workers out of a job because of all this JUNK from china!!! while you're at it , do me a favor, see how many of those chinese are in the stands watching you race

So I guess we should all stop buying bert transmissions too since they arent american made? You are beating a dead horse, The american way is to buy whats cheap and if the racegator turns out to be as good as a brinn for $500 less then you are going to start seeing alot of them at your local dirt tracks.

joedoozer
11-29-2011, 01:39 PM
So I guess we should all stop buying bert transmissions too since they arent american made? You are beating a dead horse, The american way is to buy whats cheap and if the racegator turns out to be as good as a brinn for $500 less then you are going to start seeing alot of them at your local dirt tracks.

For guys on a budget cheap isn't always the best route. I am racing on a shoestring budget and it's a never ending learning process of what to buy and where to buy it. Saving $500 now on a piece that might last half the time, is not a gamble I will make. That may not be the case for everyone. I am far to conservative to take a chance on a product (regardless of where it was made), and to buy from a website like that. No chance at customer support or refunds. I would much rather buy from dependable vendors with English speaking representatives that pick up the phone when you call. I also like to support my local speed shops. I don't have a problem paying an extra few bucks to buy something locally. The local speed shops and parts trailers provide a very valuable service. And I support them if I can.

For me, and my budget. Racegator is not a place I would do business. It's not American made, it's not an American vendor or a local vendor.

50j
11-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Buying anything that has to work from a Chinese supplier is a crapshoot. A lot of manufacturers have found out how they operate. If they're making something and it doesn't match the print, instead of changing the product they'll change the print. The casting quality and material used is usually very poor too.

dirtracer_75
11-30-2011, 12:29 AM
I would much rather buy from dependable vendors with English speaking representatives that pick up the phone when you call. I also like to support my local speed shops. I don't have a problem paying an extra few bucks to buy something locally. The local speed shops and parts trailers provide a very valuable service. And I support them if I can.

Actually my local circle track supply shop is selling this transmission and have also heard that motorstate will be offering it as well next year so it will be available at virtually all speed shops.

joedoozer
11-30-2011, 06:04 AM
Actually my local circle track supply shop is selling this transmission and have also heard that motorstate will be offering it as well next year so it will be available at virtually all speed shops.

I buy American when I can, I don't always shop for the cheapest deal. I need the most bang for the buck. If local places start carrying it that is better for them. I don't have anything against the transmission, I know nothing about it. But I am not buying something if their customer service number looks like this ---->0757-85621288. If they are truly making junk parts, that would make our american products better. People won't buy something if it breaks easy......how many professional mechanics use Harbor Freight stuff for all their hand tools? None. OP's thread has gotten totally sidetracked. Sorry.

lazermod3
11-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Never heard of them. The cartoon looking picture of the transmission and then this link to their fine cylinder head products http://www.racegators.com/ProductsView.asp?id=179 would keep me from doing any business with them. The product description on the cylinder head gave me a good laugh haha.

And then of course the About Us. Poorly translated into English, lol.
http://www.racegators.com/Company.asp

joedoozer,you hit the nail on the head their site is a joke.They should concentrate on winning the (AH WONG POOL CUP.)Note the transmissions are painted,this is to hide the poor Quality of the case casting's

joedoozer
01-20-2012, 08:12 AM
These transmissions were just featured in the latest Circle Track Mag. I haven't had a chance to read the entire article but I skimmed the beginning and the end. I found no reference to them being built in China. In fact they say in the article they are based out of Mooresville NC. Has the manufacturing business come full circle? Are things being built overseas and those companies are outsourcing their "phone work" to the US? Like I said, I haven't read the article from start to finish, but I would be very disappointed if CT wasn't 100% honest. I guess those "tech" articles they write aren't really to benefit the reader. Just long winded commercials the product paid for.

500BOMBER
01-20-2012, 10:31 AM
I would be very disappointed if CT wasn't 100% honest. I guess those "tech" articles they write aren't really to benefit the reader. Just long winded commercials the product paid for.

YYYYep!........................

joedoozer
01-20-2012, 10:59 AM
YYYYep!........................That is very disappointing! I wonder if they will print all the hate mail they get because of the article.

TS3g
01-20-2012, 11:08 AM
YYYYep!........................

LMAO...nailed it. CT is a joke, as is this transmission. As someone had already posted, Day Race Parts out of MO is who "invented" this transmission. Just watch the videos:

http://www.dayraceparts.com/RACEGATOR%20Transmission

Pretty sad to steal a companies product, copy it, pay some Chinese kids a few dollars a day to build it, and then sell it as your own. No thanks....I think I'll pay the extra $300 more for the real deal and support the American people and company the actual designed it. Same goes for all of the rest of the China knock-off crap that Race Gator makes/sells, as well as companies like Speedway and Southwest Speed. I have no problem with the companies themselves ( I buy a lot of stuff from Speedway), but I shy away from the generic copies in order to save a few dollars.

sj valley dave
01-20-2012, 02:02 PM
I would much rather buy a used Brinn/Bert/Falcon than a new one of these Chinese deals...

crowdpleazer
01-23-2012, 09:09 PM
I would much rather buy a used Brinn/Bert/Falcon than a new one of these Chinese deals...

going on my 3rd year w a used brinn, got 1100 in it incl. new coupler.had to put a bushing in the tailshaft....i would recommend this to anyone as well worth the money...

chevy370lsx
01-23-2012, 10:20 PM
http://www.dayraceparts.com/RACEGATOR%20Transmission

http://www.brinninc.com/brinnoriginal.html

C10
01-23-2012, 11:05 PM
Wow, Day pirated the sales sheet right from the Brinn site. SAD!

powerslide
01-24-2012, 10:09 AM
going on my 3rd year w a used brinn, got 1100 in it incl. new coupler.had to put a bushing in the tailshaft....i would recommend this to anyone as well worth the money...

Couldnt of said it better myself. And if you are getting a reverse mount housing and everything you can get a whole setup for 1400-1500. Maybe 1600-1700 w/ KSE

sj valley dave
01-24-2012, 02:06 PM
We have 3 years now on a used Brinn on a Bert bellhousing that we put 800 hp through in a DLM. Still on the same clutch pack! Replaced the rear tailshaft bushing once, and that has been it! You can get a used Brinn for $800 fairly regularly...The only way to go IMO