PDA

View Full Version : STARS Announces plans for '12 Racing Season, Volunteer and Bluegrass set to do battle

RadioMan
11-23-2011, 08:24 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

STARS Announces plans for '12 Racing Season, Volunteer and Bluegrass set to do battle

SOMERSET, KY (November 23, 2011)—After two successful seasons on the STARS Volunteer Racing Series presented by Arizona Sport Shirts, the series will officially crown Eric Jacobsen as the 2011 series champion on Saturday Night January 7, 2012 at Red Bones on the River in Kingston, TN. The top three drivers from the series will be honored and point fund monies will be distributed.

The STARS Midwest Dirt Racing League presented by Arizona Sport Shirts will have their 2011 season Banquet on Saturday Night January 14, 2012 at The Kentucky Depot Restaurant in Stanford, KY where the top four drivers will be honored for their accomplishments. The invitations for both banquets will be mailed next week.

As for 2012, a couple of changes will occur with both series. First, the Midwest Dirt Racing League will officially change names and now become the Bluegrass STARS Racing Series presented by Arizona Sport Shirts. The series has already been working on the 2012 schedule and will have it released at the banquet on January 14th. It will have around 10-15 races for next season.

As for the STARS Volunteer Racing Series, the name will be changed to the Volunteer STARS Racing Series. Each series will co-sanction several events in 2012 with the Bluegrass STARS Racing Series and the Southern Regional Racing Series and the 2012 schedule is almost complete and will be released at the January 7th awards banquet. The series will have around 15 or so races for next season.

Each series will have most of the same rules. Body rules and weight/engine rules will be the same as well as the tire rule which will be changing for 2012 and will be released in an upcoming announcement. Also, on both tours, all points races will count towards the final championship points, NO dropped races will be allowed for next season.

‘I hadn’t totally made my mind up for next season what I was going to do, but after talking with several people I decided these racers and tracks need a small regional series to go racing with and we’ll do what we can to keep it going for years to come’ stated Series President Chris Tilley. ‘We will be announcing the points fund for each series which will pay five spots at each banquet coming up. I want to thank the drivers from each track we visited and each of the track’s, promoters, their staff and most of all the fans for letting us come in to visit a couple of times a year’ stated Tilley again.

Further information on the Volunteer STARS Racing Series or the Bluegrass STARS Racing Series can be obtained by calling the series office at (606) 219-1723 or log on to www.racevrs.com .