PDA

View Full Version : 5th arm verses pullbar??

racer21
11-24-2011, 09:15 AM
i was just wondering if anyone is running a pullbar on the latemodels,im coming from mods and going to run a late model this next year the track is a short stop and go,and we have to run a track tires that is real simular to the imca tires,i was just wondering if a pullbar might be better since im familiar with them on the mod stuff,any input on this would help,thanks

hpmaster
11-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Pull bars seemed to limit side bite to me, one of the reasons I got rid of a 90/10 too. Then there was a bit of a learning curve to get the car to do what I wanted it to.JMHO

racer21
11-27-2011, 03:52 PM
262 views and only one comment????
thanks hpmaster for that!!

EAMShater
11-27-2011, 09:50 PM
I don't but a guy I help runs a 90/10 with his 5thnumber arm and he says it helps stop the car when you let off. It locks the rear tires down to the track when you let off and it runs in alot straighter. I've never ran one

manwplan
11-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Bloomer cars quite often run a 90/10 shock

lewisc7
11-28-2011, 12:11 PM
I ran 90/10 and either they'd bottom out or pull the heim right off was a bit tricky getting the right balance where it worked good and no damage to the shock as well.

powerslide
11-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Bloomer cars quite often run a 90/10 shock

Did you dyno any of these 90-10's bloomer cars run?
I think what you mean is they run a shock above the rearend

manwplan
11-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Yeah that is what I mean. If I called it by the correct name (Damper or decel shock) I would get a big HUH? from most people. Obviously I don't know what valving is in that shock just like no one knows what valving I run in mine when I do run one.

fastford
11-29-2011, 10:16 AM
its been several years since i ran a pull bar, but back when i ran the left rear shock/spring on a clamp bracket it worked pretty well getting lft rear drive due to more indexing of the axle tube, i also did good on an old cj rayburn car runing a swing arm on the rt rear and a 4 bar setup on left rear, however with todays way of thinking, where we have adjustable gas shocks and duel stage stacked or bumpstopped rt front , the lift bar is smoother and better for us. i dont use a 90/10 on top of the rear any more, i control my braking with the 6th coil and a split valve 5th coilover shock.

hpmaster
11-29-2011, 11:23 AM
its been several years since i ran a pull bar, but back when i ran the left rear shock/spring on a clamp bracket it worked pretty well getting lft rear drive due to more indexing of the axle tube, i also did good on an old cj rayburn car runing a swing arm on the rt rear and a 4 bar setup on left rear, however with todays way of thinking, where we have adjustable gas shocks and duel stage stacked or bumpstopped rt front , the lift bar is smoother and better for us. i dont use a 90/10 on top of the rear any more, i control my braking with the 6th coil and a split valve 5th coilover shock.

Dang, sounds exactly where I came from.