PDA

View Full Version : quickchange help

37mod
11-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Going to get a new quickchange and I want your help on choosing the best one and the best options. Thanks. Randy

zerolm
11-24-2011, 11:47 AM
I think it depends on what engine you have to run.. If you run a crate engine, a tiger low drag, or other manufacturer equivalent will be worth every cent of the extra money because there is more of a premium on having a lightweight drivetrain with a limited horsepower application than say, an open engine on a short track. I use tiger with absolutley no problems, and love their product.. Winters is the industry standard.. As far as options, Like I said it really depends on your engine.. A really lightweight spool will help a limited hp engine, but may break under the load of a really good open engine. Most all quickchanges I have ever seen are very similar in design, so if you find a really good deal on a certain brand, it would probably be worth persuing...

JCSullivan00
11-24-2011, 12:25 PM
The Bulldog Rearends are REALLY nice pieces. Love ours.

mab475
11-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Franklin definatly one of the best on the market. Great service and extremely reliable.

TALON75
11-25-2011, 02:18 AM
I like the Tiger rear end I have, it has been tough as nails.

sbc421
11-25-2011, 12:22 PM
I would recommend a DMI bulldog rearend. IMO They are the best straight out. They build these rearends almost perfectly true from end to end , and tend to more accurate than the other mass produced rearends on the market. I would also go with a 4.11 ring gear 1 lb lighter rotating weight than a 4.86 (how much money do us racers spend to lighten our motors rotating assm.- so this is a free give me) my last bit on this is spend the extra $ less than $80 i think on cromemoly axle tubes they are lighter and stronger then reg. steel tubes. The rearends also come with axles,hubs,bearings,rotors and bulldog blood (gear oil) very nice piece you wont be disappointed! if you need more info call mike at Xfactor racecars (541-736-1742)they drop shipped mine to my door

Egoracing
11-25-2011, 12:39 PM
spend the extra $ less than $80 i think on cromemoly axle tubes they are lighter and stronger then reg. steel tubes.

99% of all dirt late models use aluminum tubes. Why get a lighter ring and then waste weight running steel tubes?

sbc421
11-25-2011, 04:14 PM
:D My bad on assuming since his name on the post is 37mod that he would be in a modified needing steel tubes. and obviously this is a latemodel forum, So I stick to my guns on all I posted with exception to the tubes.

37mod
11-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the information everyone. To clear things up I switched from mods to late models last year and didn't change my user name.

JCSullivan00
11-26-2011, 02:54 PM
If you use Bulldogs lube or Joe Gibbs Lube, Bulldog gaurantees their product also.