PDA

View Full Version : Falcon transmission ???

greenwhitecheckerd
11-25-2011, 07:38 AM
they look to well built but how do hold up compared to bert or brinn ?? anybody ran one if so what's the good and bad side ?? thanks

racin6mod
11-27-2011, 09:43 AM
I repair all three bert,brinn and falcons at my shop the brinn is (king) over all the best design of the three.you can get a brinn copy thats called racegator it runs about $1100 new. a used brinn is going to be $1000.00 unless it's 100 years old.the bert is a good trany,take care of it and it'll last a very long time. the falcon has the floating input shaft that's a good idea the problem that I have seen in repairing them is in the way they coupled the tail shaft to the main shaft and the way it's supported threw the housings. this is the weakest of the top three.

I know a lot of racers never have a problem with any of them I'm just letting it known what I see in the shop.

big88fan
11-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Please avoid the racegator at all costs I can't even believe they are allowed to build it. It's not like a brinn its an exact copy of a brinn made in china the same company would also be building knockoff dart engine blocks but they got caught trying to smuggle them into china apperently it's illegal to take the parts into china but its somehow perfectly fine once they make it into china to produce as many as they want and ship them all over the world from china

Nutcase21
11-27-2011, 02:47 PM
we have raced a falcon tranny for the last 8 years without a problem. All we do is replace clutches every other year. It has been raced 2 nights a week for all that time. It started out in IMCA modified and now we got in a crate late model for the last three years. Just make sure you got 3 inches between back of tailshaft and front of yoke. Also we change the fluid every 6 races.