PDA

View Full Version : Pierce Front End

jfleming
11-27-2011, 03:05 PM
I am looking to replace all my front end components. What are peoples opinion on the new pinto front end Vs. the old metric front end? I have a 05 older car and I am not sure if that will play a factor or not if I was to go to the pinto front end. I like the idea of being able to purchase a new spindle and not one from the junk yard.

thanks

anissa5
11-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Also how much wider is the frontend with the new spindals.

kencar87
11-28-2011, 05:48 PM
I run pinto on mine, use a metric drag link, 2in. spacers for bump on tie rods, 80 camaro inner tie rods , get 2 tie rod tubes from ub, 10 in. lg. one side is right hand 5/8 fine other side is 11/16 left hand fine. all this stuff is in the ub cat. or go on line for ub One more note: you might have to go to a 6.5 upper a arm to get the camber you need,4 degree. on the right front, 7in does not work, no way to adjust what you need. Ub makes the arm also 50 dollars. car turns in really good. also you will need adjustable ball joints to get proper a arm angles, no big deal. stay away from 80 camaro drag link, to many problems to make it work, metric works fine. Ken out

kencar87
11-28-2011, 05:54 PM
pinto equipt is a lot stronger than metric and i believe lighter. Good way to go, but remember alot of guys winning with metric front on those cars. new pintos 80 to 100 dollars. metric at most junk yards 65 to 70 a pair and 3 hrs of cleaning and reaming to fit for your balljoints, what ever you use.