PDA

View Full Version : LR ride height

mudderfudder
11-29-2011, 04:22 PM
I see alot of cars anymore with what seems to me, a very low ride height on the lr instead of hiking it up to promote side bite and forward bite come off. Is there something that i am missing or is it more of an optical illusion? Is there any benifits to running a lower ride height on the lr?

Bcollins82
11-29-2011, 05:48 PM
That is from guys scaling without the driver in the car. I personally think its stupid because you don't race a car like that so why would you scale it like that? There are also a lot of guys building their bodies low on the left side so it may be partly an optical illusion.

croston71
12-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Annoying it is,
How is more left rear forward bite unless you are loose to begin(excuse me) upon exit(center out)! The more tire contact patch with equally evenly distributed weight would provide the utmost forward bite. The rear end is not in the correct position( front contols rear) which (I believe) will lead many to overload the left rear.
BURN RUBBER ON ME(Charlie Wilson & The Gap Band) approximately 1984.

croston71
12-02-2011, 09:20 AM
1 more comment.
It appeares to me a little more angle in the j-bar/ which requires lengthening the bar so as not to move rear end location will promote side bite opposed to raiseing or lowering the j-bar on both ends simultaneously in equal amounts to decrease or increase weight transfer why jack the ride hieghts all out of shape. I have a good tale of why no one should ever alter ride hieghts from manufacturers reccommendations.