PDA

View Full Version : saginaw over a bert

lilsumo
11-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Would someone please explain to me why these guys that writes rules for the sport mod type classes wont let you run a Bert,Brinn,Falcon trans.

I think it's crazy, by the time you buy a 3 speed Saginaw (and they are getting harder to find and more expensive) and lighten it up, buy a triple disc clutch setup and flywheel, its about the cost of Bert.

I didn't include the power glide cause I have no experience with them, but from what I have read, a good TCI glide is around 1k. So it's in the same ballpark.

Doesn't IMCA say you have to run stock style bell housing and starter in the modified with a Bert?

That's a great that should be adopted to the sport mod type classes.

There may be another reason they make sport mods use very old hard to find parts, but I cant seem to figure out what it is.

Dirtrunner35
11-30-2011, 09:32 PM
I run a saginaw in my ump mod, stock style clutch and trans is not lightened.

Racer111
12-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Main reason for that is people that make the rules up cant read a parts book pricing !! They havent relized yet junk yard racing is gone..

powerslide
12-01-2011, 02:13 PM
I run a saginaw in my ump mod, stock style clutch and trans is not lightened.

do you keep up?

badfast47
12-01-2011, 04:59 PM
I have been wondering if i got rid of my saginaw and dual clutch then went to a bert how weight would i lose ? Taking some weight off the car is one big thing i want to do this winter. Should help?

Racer111
12-01-2011, 06:30 PM
If you went to a bert your engine will rev and shut down alot faster..

Dirtrunner35
12-01-2011, 09:08 PM
do you keep up?

I did very well this year with the saginaw, I was 4th in points and fell back to 6th. I agree a saginaw is probably not the best trans to use for weight with the heavy clutch set up compared to a bert. I don't have near the money in this compared to a bert.

Also my car is 200 lbs heavier then most cars, it's a older ellis car with a pierce copy rear clip.

powerslide
12-02-2011, 11:50 AM
I have been wondering if i got rid of my saginaw and dual clutch then went to a bert how weight would i lose ? Taking some weight off the car is one big thing i want to do this winter. Should help?

you will notice the difference just sittin in the shop and reving it. Its not so much the spung weight that makes the difference as it is the rotating weight.

GCP ENGINES
12-05-2011, 08:20 PM
These rules are considered to be money savers plus providing a level playing field for all racers. Sos rules require a minimum weight of 2500 lbs. On all sport mods so less weight has to be added when using a standard trans. Or turbo 350. Also no triple disc allowed. Remember what happened to e-mods?

dirty white boy
12-11-2011, 12:13 AM
until burt,brinn,or sumbody writes a check to sanctioning body,..yall be searching junkyards....