PDA

View Full Version : THE V-6 Bandit

croston71
12-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Who recalls Bob Adams Jr.( The Bandit) besides Scott Bloomquist- & the V6(as I was told) engine package he ran. I heard his performance was stellar besides overheating problems on a track which as I recount was generally a bit bitey in those years. I am curious if anyone else is curious enough to do R&D on today's tracks which tend to be a bit glassier.:p

racin6mod
12-01-2011, 05:27 PM
today's v-8 motors put out so much more hp than they did just 5-6 years ago that I don't think the v-6 would have the same advantage it once had. I had some v-6 chevy parts built up in stock but have sold most everything to a guy out west just have a dry sump pan left if anyone is looking .

croston71
12-02-2011, 09:09 AM
I am not an engine builder but I was being told the engines were in the 800-850 HP range so where do we stand today. The advantage to the V6 I believe would have been handling characteristics & tire compound choice which may have been eliminated by chassis developement//// or er//// a better understanding of how to better utilize the chassis that are/were being built !!!!
Do you see where I am coming from now ????????