PDA

View Full Version : setup help for s 2 link

texas pride
12-03-2011, 12:30 PM
im needing some help with a 2 link setup on a speedway chassis it has a metric front clip with 9'' floater running nova lowers and a 850rf 750Lf and Lr 175 Rr 225. we have a 383 motor and a saginaw tranny.the car hasnt been ran since 2010. We were on a 3/8 mile track and a 1/4 mile some.the last year the car was ran the car handle ok in the corners but lost traction in the straight ways and spun the tires so we were not able to kick in the 4 barrell. so we need some ideas on how to plant the tires for more traction in straight way. any ideas would be great!!

texas pride
12-03-2011, 06:40 PM
anyone have any setup advice?

Dirtrunner35
12-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Give more details about car

outacontrol
12-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Right off the bat, without knowing anything else about the car, the rear springs look wrong. Are you sure you didn't mean LR 225 RR 175?

RF spring looks a bit heavy too with nova lowers.

texas pride
12-04-2011, 09:00 AM
yes the rear should be other way around. im asking the question for uncles car they didnt run last year do to family stuff going on but he looking get back to racing this year. the last year the car ran they were running a z link on the rr and a 15''swedge tube on the lr with a 19'' j-bar going over the driveshaft with a 1200lb spring on a standard speedway torque link.the rearend has 5.43 gears in it and running on mostly a 3/8 mile track. the wheel offset was lf 2 rf 2 lr 2 rr 3 . the car also ran a afco 90/10 damper shock with 13'' coilover on the back mounted behind the birdcages lr225 rr175.the car has been already taken apart so everything can be gone through and checked so i dnt the % of the i could give a rough guess but thats it.the front had lf750 and rf 850 bt i know they were running 650lf and 700rf. air pressure was lf 12 rf 12 lr12 rr14 and the toe was 3/8 out. the camber was around lf3 degrees positive rf 4degrees postive. caster lf 2 degrees rf 4 degrees positive. they tried alot of setup to gain traction on the straightways with the z link setup the car handle really well in the corners but like i said the car spun tires in the straights and couldnt even kick in the 4 barrel bc of this. So guess my question is what is a good 2 or 3 link setup for a metric speedway chassis. need to find a way get traction in the straightways. i hope that little bit of info can help. thanks ahead of time!

washeduptoo
12-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Are both springs on c/o behind the rear end? Might try moving lr in front. How long is pull bar and angle, if its short might try a longer one. Just some suggestions, thats an odd setup with zlink floated on rr with 2 link lr. Not saying it won't work, just never seen it. Good luck.

texas pride
12-04-2011, 11:40 AM
yea it seemed weird to me too but it help alot in the corners. yes both of the springs were behind the b/c. and the torque link is short i would say around 16" overall. ihave recommended to him about putting rr shock in front and spring in back lr shock in front and spring in the back. thats how my 4link car is setup. so i think he leaning that way does that sound like a good idea for a 2 link

texas pride
12-04-2011, 11:45 AM
il run that by them blacksheep thanks for the help

washeduptoo
12-04-2011, 01:18 PM
I think the lr spring in front would be better on a 2 link. Good luck.

cavemod
12-04-2011, 08:35 PM
On the lr w a jbar I imagine there isn't much room for spring in front like a 4 bar deal has unless the spring is almost on top.In 2009 and 08 I cut apart a clamp on spring clamp and welded, braced underside so the spring was as far forward (clearance for j bar) to the top of my 3 link mount then welded a nut to frame tube and swivler for the top and ran the shock behind.It also liked a 6c/3r for normal track and 8/2 in the slick on the lr it made a huge difference. I know a guy who had a shaw car that ran a 225 rr spring with a 175 lr and had decent success with it.I talked him into a heavier lr spring and he didn't do well at all point being might have something to do with his driving???