stock car driver
12-04-2011, 03:26 PM
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Graff Spee
12-05-2011, 12:17 AM
I'm impressed ! Nice work!! :-)

dmwr
12-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Very nice looking work! What do you use for control arm mount bushings?

hoffa
12-05-2011, 01:37 PM
i like it!
please keep the pictures coming

cvra
12-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Jeff, I like how you braced the lower control arm mount off the X brace...nice.

dillon_94
12-09-2011, 11:57 AM
why do you put the cage off the side of the frame and not on top of it?

dillon_94
12-10-2011, 02:52 PM
yea because it seems the top of the frame could just bend. i like it. never seen it done so i figured id ask.

funny i hated metric cars until i got on here and read alot about how you set them up and now the pics from this build have changed my mind about them. you seem to know your stuff and have the wins to prove it haha
btw really good work

jbh25
12-13-2011, 12:16 PM
What u use for the control arm bushings

bushracing67
12-14-2011, 04:44 PM
i used to brace the torque box to the x just as you did, i now make these out of the same 3/4 tube we use for the steering column... they work great, the bolts hold the torque better, and it cuts way down on bolt hole wear issues on the chassis, 1 1/2" pieces with longer trailing arm bolts, then a little bit of grinding to get the goofy angles right, well worth the effort tho !

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/bushracing67/racing/100_8936.jpg

C10
12-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Yup, the "Worst front end geometry you have ever driven" Won more races in a season then many have won in a life time. Im sure Rob and Brian really appreciate the kind words.......

Egoracing
12-23-2011, 08:08 AM
There was a guy in south Florida that used to put the cage tube outside of the frame but he would wrap the frame in steel so it would not tear out. We used to drill thru the frame put a top plate on the frame with the cage going thry it, weld the cage to a plate under the frame and lift it into place and weld the plate into place on the frame and then weld the top plate into the cage and frame. We started doing this after getting some frame tearing when things happened at longer tracks. The dual plating stopped the issue completley but was more work. We also drilled thru the front frame horns but welded it in differently without using 2 plates. We saw WAY to many times that the frame steel would tear out and not support the tube to just rely on the factory steel to support the cage. I also do not understand the offset on the right side A-pilar post, that creates a VERY weak spot at that point and will allow it to crush and tear the tube in a roll over, also only relying on the crush of the diameter of the tubing to hold up the top of the car (the way the dash bar is spliced in thru the A-posts) is not safe and would get kicked out of many tracks that we ran and any Nascar track. It is much stronger to put the tube from the Halo to the floor and put the dash bar in like you have the rear cross bar.

C10
12-23-2011, 06:08 PM
really? Really? Im laughing here. So, what your saying is Brian Irvine never had a car that handled well because basically you are insinuating they dont know what there doing? Hmmm, Boon super nats champion, Harris clash champion, countless weekly feature wins, Stock Car Shootout wins, a record for wins at Independence, that stands till this day. Yup sounds like they know nothing. FWIW, Rob is Woop Ass Chassis, Brians Uncle.

And Ego, I happen to agree 100% with the things you said

C10
12-24-2011, 03:28 PM
s€how me what you want, because i can guarantee you if there was something cobbled together it wasnt done by Woop Ass

DaveBauerSS6
12-31-2011, 11:20 PM
Been building chassis for 11 years now and all are built with the same interrupted a pillar bars. I don't see a problem. I haven't looked at all modifieds, but the ones Ive seen have the bars the same way. NASCAR has their own ways and that doesn't make it right.

Egoracing
01-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Been building chassis for 11 years now and all are built with the same interrupted a pillar bars. I don't see a problem. I haven't looked at all modifieds, but the ones Ive seen have the bars the same way. NASCAR has their own ways and that doesn't make it right.

Do you line up the top bar and bottom bar or have them offset and unbraced like pictured?

It creates a weak point and when someone got hurt the lawyers would be ALL OVER the chassis builder. Look at the links above and check others.

The biggest probelm that I see with it was the Offset pillar without support with the interupted bar, VERY weak design. You will not see an offset junction on ANY professionaly built chassis!

4bangerhotrod
01-02-2012, 09:18 PM
ego, why does anything that is not your way wrong. to be honest this is prob the best cage ive ever seen in a stock car full frame chassis. sure stock car can be a d*ck some times but he usually know's his stuff and what he's talking about, and your a d*ck all the time and know what your talking about maybe half the time, if you really had all the cars you talk about and have done all the things you say you've done you would've had to been through hundreds of cars and engines. Being a structural engineer im willing to bet this a pillar design if put under a load test would be stronger than the normal cage you would build, and this cage is alot stronger and better designed than any mod or street stock cage ive ever seen because of the bracing and bar placement that is put into this cage. so ego please get over yourself sure you know alittle bit about a race car but theres alot of people that do and i promise theres alot of people smarter than you so just because you didnt design something or tell someone how to do something doesnt mean its wrong. theres alot of different ways to do everything and thinking outside the box and trying different designs is what evolves race cars and makes them better as the yrs go on. sorry ego i just get tired of reading your post basicly bragging on yourself and telling people how awesome you are when you really aint nothing but an EGO.

thanks,
4bangerhotrod

billy5
01-03-2012, 12:30 AM
very interesting.....sure aint boring...i think the cage looks badazz,,,,

Egoracing
01-03-2012, 07:15 AM
ego, why does anything that is not your way wrong. to be honest this is prob the best cage ive ever seen in a stock car full frame chassis. sure stock car can be a d*ck some times but he usually know's his stuff and what he's talking about, and your a d*ck all the time and know what your talking about maybe half the time, if you really had all the cars you talk about and have done all the things you say you've done you would've had to been through hundreds of cars and engines. Being a structural engineer im willing to bet this a pillar design if put under a load test would be stronger than the normal cage you would build, and this cage is alot stronger and better designed than any mod or street stock cage ive ever seen because of the bracing and bar placement that is put into this cage. so ego please get over yourself sure you know alittle bit about a race car but theres alot of people that do and i promise theres alot of people smarter than you so just because you didnt design something or tell someone how to do something doesnt mean its wrong. theres alot of different ways to do everything and thinking outside the box and trying different designs is what evolves race cars and makes them better as the yrs go on. sorry ego i just get tired of reading your post basicly bragging on yourself and telling people how awesome you are when you really aint nothing but an EGO.

thanks,
4bangerhotrod

I agree that the cage is very well built BUT the offset a pillar is a weak spot. Run your test and put that offset passenger A pillar on it the put it as a straight joint with the A pillar in line with the lower tube and see what is stronger. It is that simple.

Ricky76
01-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Do you have the battery box to where you can move it up and down ? (It looks like it from the pictures ?)

krazyracer10
01-03-2012, 04:39 PM
I was wondering how much you would charge to fully build a 70's camaro. Put a cage in it, all the tubing and sheet metal work inside. It would be running in the renegade class at friendship motor speedway. It would basically need to be a rolling chassis. I can provide the car, and put the body on myself.

krazyracer10
01-03-2012, 04:58 PM
ohh didnt realize you were that far away, it looks like you do really good work though.

LOGANSTANFORTH
01-03-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't really care about the race car but I would like to know about that 59 two door Impala setting at your neighbors LOL...

LOGANSTANFORTH
01-03-2012, 08:24 PM
It is a nice car and everyone will build their cage differently, I rarely every put a straight up cage in a car unless it is a 4 cylinder car and I can just drop a mustang cage inside of it (Mustang, Kia Sephia, Cavalier, and a few others), most if not all of the cars we build have a offset cage or atleast an offset halo in them. I tend to over build cars when I do them. I would of used big tubing going through the firewall to the shock hoops but that is just me and the car would of had a bolt on rear clip...

carowner73
01-05-2012, 04:43 AM
Decent work, I have seen better and much much worse. I woud change some of the design but everybody does things there own way. You try a little to hard to save weight on the front end in my opinion, but I dont know the specifics of your rules and weights so it might be justified. But kudos to you for putting your stuff out here for everybody to copy and/or critique. The only way to see one of my cars like this is to buy one or come to my shop and see it in the process.

500BOMBER
01-05-2012, 01:55 PM
I have studied the pictures you've presented there, Jeff, and I think that cage will hold up to any normal crash situation. Looks to me that everything is integrated very well. Nice job. I don't care what any one says.

Bomber.

P.S. Maybe if you put a 2" gusset under that dash bar they would STFU. I doubt it though! LOL!

Doug_Guilds
01-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Oh how I wish I would have seen those door bars before i build my Mustang! Great looking work.

Doug_Guilds
01-08-2012, 08:30 AM
What is the bottom door bar attached to in the top photo? Is is welded to the body? Or does it go through and attach to a bar inside the car?

stockcar5
01-08-2012, 01:13 PM
nobody huh? all my cars have the same dash bar. my chassis builder has done it that way since the late 90's hundreds of cars later it must still work...

Egoracing
01-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Its welded to the front down bar of the cage 10 inches from the end with the very end on the oem kick panel.

Heres another chassis for ego, guess he hasnt looked around much after all.

He says above to" look around NOBODY does the dash bar like I did because it wont be allowed to race"

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu150/jnjfab/2010-Fulco-001-600x450.jpg

The joints are NOT offset and unsupported like yours is. The pillars bars are not relying on the dash bar to hold the top of the car up.

Millr1m
01-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Jeff,

I think that the car you built was very nice.. The cage is outstanding.. That's the only way I would have on built.. Now the picture above I don't care for.. The cage on the right front of the main hoop just doesn't seem safe.. Looks like it would collapse in a rollover with nothing to support the weight of a car if it where to flip..is that on piece of tubing suppose to hold it up with no down bar under it going to the frame?

racingford
01-10-2012, 11:11 PM
they say 100 lb is a tenth of a second in a 1/4 mile drag race and 250 in circle track is big

Millr1m
01-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I did the same thing with a 75 model.. I won the first 7 feature in a row with it and then went on to win 8 more..

I think "they" said you couldnt race and win in a full sized steel body chevelle in a 2950lb class too, but.. I did quite a few times before I sold it.[/QUOTE]

racingford
01-11-2012, 07:58 PM
no, not i on face book and didnt know imca hobbys donot allow lead and donot have a weight limit

19drtracer
01-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Jeff you are totally correct,

I am the pit man for the driver that bought your chevelle and when it was rolled I figured it would be junk. All my measurments were spot on as it were and there was no cracked paint at any of the welds.
I am here to tell you that this was not a light roll, this car landed hard on the roof twice and my thoughts were 'ohh @#$% not again'.
We had to replace some of the front end components and straighten the rearend, replace 3 of the rear control arms and rework one motor mount.
I hot lapped this car last summer, tried to spin it out and failed. I sure wish i had this kind of forward bite - side bite when I use to race (AND FEEL SAFE AT THE SAME TIME).
If i didnt drink, smoke and live 500 miles away i would apply for your welders job. lmao

Russ W

delta mod
01-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Jeff, That is a great looking chassis. I have a question on the upper control arm mounts. Why are your mounts turned more to the outside on your chassis, and on the picture of the mod they are turned inside almost in line with the lowers. Just confused there is such a big difference.
Thanks David N.

taslowroller
02-05-2012, 07:01 PM
you coming back to bama this year for the bash?

chevy370lsx
02-07-2012, 04:18 PM
The engine mounts your are using. Were do they position the #1 spark plug in relationship to the ball joint? I'd like to set mine 1' behind the ball joint.

steveshawjr
02-07-2012, 08:47 PM
here is another chassis with the offset cage deal btw this one is mine lol

all lm and mods do this now i dont see what egos big deals is lol

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/393464_267788656621971_116766005057571_768268_1258 156221_n.jpg

Doug_Guilds
02-08-2012, 06:12 PM
I want to see pics of the 03 GP! (when it's done that is)

I love to see alternate bodies on the Bombers.

dirt fox
02-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Started on a hobby stock for a friend last week.

I got this much done tuesday and wed. Its got the body and floor on it now as well as the main cage but not much exciting there, just a cage and rusty body etc.

welded all the seams in the frame after squaring it and tacking it down to my new chassis fixture.

bushed all the holes in the frame for lowers trail arms etc. straightened out and relocated the front lowers within the rules.

motor mounts are bolt in and removable trans mount

x brace frame, tied into rear trail arms also

x brace and 2x3 rear frame

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu150/jnjfab/66%20Racing/101_0846.jpg

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu150/jnjfab/66%20Racing/101_0847.jpg

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu150/jnjfab/66%20Racing/101_0848.jpg

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu150/jnjfab/66%20Racing/101_0844.jpg

how tall are the spacers for the body mounts and wont the body slid on them?

dirt fox
02-15-2012, 09:06 PM
It's one of the nicest hobbys I have seen by the way

roybeckett13j
02-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Hey jeff, how about I come tig weld your next one all together! look better than those mig welds!

roybeckett13j
02-18-2012, 06:14 PM
But tig is sooo much stronger! And think of all the little rolls of dimes on that cage...be worth it! And btw, that weld on your upper control arm mount...wayyy too cold, didnt penetrate...just pilled up dobbles

roybeckett13j
02-20-2012, 09:12 PM
how many cars have you built?

Im nearing 100. never had a weld come apart or crack ever..

Ive built 4, but have done nothing but welded for a living. Welded everything from mild steel to stainless, to alluminum, to titanium and chrome moly. Certified in stainless and alluminum TIG and pressure stick. I'm a welding shop supervisor for one of the biggest water well drilling companies in the midwest. All I do is weld and build...build things that make building a racecar look like putting together a lego set. Everything from cranes mounted on one off pedestals mounted to 40 foot gooseneck trailers for lifting 1700 pound manifolds onto frac tanks to prototype pieces for BP and Halliburton. Metal is me and I am metal...put that cold weld under enough strain and bam...its broke. Put a good hot, flat weld in the same place and it will hold.

You may be good at what you do...but you're not the best...just tried to give advice to a fellow racer. I may be young...but I do know what the Fu$% I am doing with a welder...

stock car driver
02-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Ive built 4, but have done nothing but welded for a living. Welded everything from mild steel to stainless, to alluminum, to titanium and chrome moly. Certified in stainless and alluminum TIG and pressure stick. I'm a welding shop supervisor for one of the biggest water well drilling companies in the midwest. All I do is weld and build...build things that make building a racecar look like putting together a lego set. Everything from cranes mounted on one off pedestals mounted to 40 foot gooseneck trailers for lifting 1700 pound manifolds onto frac tanks to prototype pieces for BP and Halliburton. Metal is me and I am metal...put that cold weld under enough strain and bam...its broke. Put a good hot, flat weld in the same place and it will hold.

You may be good at what you do...but you're not the best...just tried to give advice to a fellow racer. I may be young...but I do know what the Fu$% I am doing with a welder...

Sorry buddy but you havent done anything I havent done. Im a union sheet metal worker by trade retired now of course. And even though I built the chassis I cant see any welds in those two pics good enough to say a thing about them.. but your the expert.

Interesting now youve built 4 cars, you told me when I was helping you that you bought that piece of junk you were racing and it was your first car bla bla bla.. also gave me some sob stories about not making enough money for a new car ever.

Good luck to you, dont worry about me. Ive managed so far without your help based off some pics, lol..

Ill give you some credit though, you were the straw that broke the camels back. spent the last two days deleting my posts on here I give up too many idiots. Im done helping everyone get faster without wasting money buying the latest fad parts.

You made me realize even though I helped you for over a year it was a waste of my time and you didnt appreciate it. thats happened too many times lately so ill be helping only those people with my cars from now on. And there wont be many of them since Im only building them for friends.

winning!

roybeckett13j
02-20-2012, 10:21 PM
I did buy the car I was racing at the time...and it was not built right. I built three before that one, which none of them I raced. And at the time I had been out of full time work for about two years...hence why I was running a crap car.

And you can base the quality of a weld by look...what does an inspector do as soon as you lay down a bead? Look at it! You can tell immediatly if he will make you grind it out and redo it, or carry on.

And yes, I did appreciate your help! But, I made one comment about one weld...and you go all ego-maniac like Jeff always does when someone tries to tell him that's not inside his "blinders". Jesus christ man, sometimes you have to take some outside input!

I said one thing about a cold weld, which ANY welder will admit is a cold weld...and you freaked out and spouted "How many cars have you blah blah blah I have an ego problem blah" Geeze...

Drake Racing
02-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Beckett, are you serious? I cant believe I'm actually defending Jeff, cause he and I don't exactly see eye to eye.( I think he is an arrogant ass most of the time). but if you can see those welds under the powder coat from that distance in the pics, you have x ray eyes. As for tig being waaayy stronger than mig, you are wrong. When done correctly they have the same strength,(seeing as mild steel tig rod is er70s2, and mig wire is er70s3 or er70s6, the tensile strength is the same) only it takes waayy longer to tig weld a chassis, and some places would be very difficult to get to with a tig torch. And yes I do know what Im talking about, Im a union steamfitter with a stack of weld certs in mig, tig, and stick, on several different metals, both x ray, and destructive, and my welding is on tube, and pipe as thin as .040, and as thick as 2" wall, so I guess I know what the f#$k Im doing with a welder too.

Curt Drake
Stock Car #55x

bushracing67
02-21-2012, 07:18 AM
since we all know how Jeff deals with outside input, here is some more, way to much structure on the rh door bar, a good lick to the door and you will bend half the main cage, all those connecting bars should be a max of 1 1/4 083 and run at as close to a 45 as possible, the one going to the main front down bar looks (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near straight, that heavy frame work should stay over top of the frame rail with a lighter crush area from the main frame to the door skin... no one plans on wrecking.. but we all know how it really goes lol

stock car driver
02-21-2012, 07:31 AM
busch to each his own.

Ive ran lw rs bars and replaced them every other night. Ive also ran bars this way for years and replaced nothing until the car was completely junked out and twisted up. No biggie and considering I can build my own car and or repair my own car I dont care if it does bend the main cage uprights some day.. though it will take a bigger wreck than Ive ever been in.

Roy- glad you have a job. post up some pics of the 3 cars you built and NEVER mentioned before now.

stock car driver
02-21-2012, 07:49 AM
run at as close to a 45 as possible, the one going to the main front down bar looks (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near straight

yeah near straight, lol... you guys and your x ray vision need some help. here are two more pics for you.

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu150/jnjfab/66%20Racing/101_0031.jpg

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu150/jnjfab/66%20Racing/101_0030.jpg

bushracing67
02-21-2012, 03:16 PM
thats why i said "looks" i knew that it was hard to tell from that angle, you really should try being less of a douche

stock car driver
02-21-2012, 03:40 PM
thats why i said "looks" i knew that it was hard to tell from that angle, you really should try being less of a douche

Yeah Im the dousche....

Im commenting on a chassis builders pics saying HE MUST use small tubing outside the frame, bla bla bla... And then telling him the angles are WRONG..lol.

Seriously thanks for the laugh bush I can always count on you to chime in with some stupid stuff sorry my reply explaining to you that I can cut and weld any repairs needed hurt your feelings. I couldnt have put it any nicer for you.

stock car driver
02-21-2012, 03:42 PM
I did buy the car I was racing at the time...and it was not built right. I built three before that one, which none of them I raced. And at the time I had been out of full time work for about two years...hence why I was running a crap car.

And you can base the quality of a weld by look...what does an inspector do as soon as you lay down a bead? Look at it! You can tell immediatly if he will make you grind it out and redo it, or carry on.

And yes, I did appreciate your help! But, I made one comment about one weld...and you go all ego-maniac like Jeff always does when someone tries to tell him that's not inside his "blinders". Jesus christ man, sometimes you have to take some outside input!

I said one thing about a cold weld, which ANY welder will admit is a cold weld...and you freaked out and spouted "How many cars have you blah blah blah I have an ego problem blah" Geeze...

Roy you built 3 cars in this post and 4 in the post before it, lol..

Does built to you mean bolting on the parts and running the brake lines? I thought we were talking about bare frame to race car chassis construction here!!

bushracing67
02-21-2012, 04:06 PM
again you are so full of your self, it must hurt to be so f@#$king perfect, you are such an @$$bag i cant believe half the ignorant (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) you say to people on here, i never said "must" anything, i don't really give a rats@$$ what you do, just stop being such a douche bag

westwolfone
02-21-2012, 04:16 PM
I can't believe all of you are ripping Jeff for showing pics of some of his builds. Those of us who aren't "Metal Gods" appreciate him sharing.

stock car driver
02-21-2012, 04:16 PM
again you are so full of your self, it must hurt to be so f@#$king perfect, you are such an @$$bag i cant believe half the ignorant (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) you say to people on here, i never said "must" anything, i don't really give a rats@$$ what you do, just stop being such a douche bag

Sorry you said SHOULD be not MUST be, lol...

Again sorry to upset you so much, I cant sugar coat it anymore for you... It appears you do care what I do or you wouldnt have posted, lol... as usual you thought you were right and it should be your way BUT Im a dousch since you dont like my explanation of why it isnt the way you think it should be..

stock car driver
02-21-2012, 05:01 PM
I can't believe all of you are ripping Jeff for showing pics of some of his builds. Those of us who aren't "Metal Gods" appreciate him sharing.

Ive already removed most of my pics. sorry Ill be removing the rest.

The idiots win.

I can think of much better ways to spend my time since Im retired and dont have to earn a cent than putting up with their b.s on here.

roybeckett13j
02-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Roy you built 3 cars in this post and 4 in the post before it, lol..

Does built to you mean bolting on the parts and running the brake lines? I thought we were talking about bare frame to race car chassis construction here!!

Lets count here...I build three before this one...one plus three is four!

And I build my I stock , a hobby stock for a guy I used to race with (black and , another hobby stock that was close to the first one...aaaaaand a pure stock/enduro for my brother.

and yes, built from the ground up...not just adding a part here and there.

I have pics of the enduro and my old Istock, but the two hobbies Ill have to look for some pics.

roybeckett13j
02-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Beckett, are you serious? I cant believe I'm actually defending Jeff, cause he and I don't exactly see eye to eye.( I think he is an arrogant ass most of the time). but if you can see those welds under the powder coat from that distance in the pics, you have x ray eyes. As for tig being waaayy stronger than mig, you are wrong. When done correctly they have the same strength,(seeing as mild steel tig rod is er70s2, and mig wire is er70s3 or er70s6, the tensile strength is the same) only it takes waayy longer to tig weld a chassis, and some places would be very difficult to get to with a tig torch. And yes I do know what Im talking about, Im a union steamfitter with a stack of weld certs in mig, tig, and stick, on several different metals, both x ray, and destructive, and my welding is on tube, and pipe as thin as .040, and as thick as 2" wall, so I guess I know what the f#$k Im doing with a welder too.

Curt Drake
Stock Car #55x

The one I was refering to was in the pics where it was during construction...before coating.

Reason why tig is stronger is the time you take tig welding...you have to do it exactly right. A mig you can get to weld a little cold or a little hot, or with a little too much wire or a touch short on wire.

stock car driver
02-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Lets count here...I build three before this one...one plus three is four!

And I build my I stock , a hobby stock for a guy I used to race with (black and , another hobby stock that was close to the first one...aaaaaand a pure stock/enduro for my brother.

and yes, built from the ground up...not just adding a part here and there.

I have pics of the enduro and my old Istock, but the two hobbies Ill have to look for some pics.

"I did buy the car I was racing at the time...and it was not built right. I built three before that one, which none of them I raced. And at the time I had been out of full time work for about two years...hence why I was running a crap car."

lol oops, now youve got a 3rd story going all in one thread..

4bangerhotrod
02-21-2012, 07:39 PM
im a union pipefitter, i weld for a living to i have 27 welding certs on 14 different metals on mig stick and tig and i say i would trust anyweld on stockcar drivers car. and beckett you have alot to learn about welding from what i can tell. and you must really feel special welding something to lift 1700lbs with, i bet you must be awesome. about a month ago my welds held a 1.1million lb lift, when your making welds that actually do something you can come on here and talk about someones welds. id like to see you go weld in a nuclear plant.

billy5
02-21-2012, 08:23 PM
im a union millwright now...was a boilermaker..i have welded a few things and a few cars..never had a broken weld ...not to say a few bars didnt get bent...LOL...mig welds are fine and much stronger then the metals the frame or tubing is made of..my 12 yr old son weld bicycles that hold more then 1700 lbs when he land from a jump..

bushracing67
02-21-2012, 09:06 PM

i was not ripping on his work, he does nice work, but he has absolutely no ability to coexist with other people that may or may not have useful knowledge, he is arrogant, stubborn, and in many ways narrow minded... and he is just a flat out a$$hole, the day you stop listening or trying to understand people and the reasons they do the things they do is the day you stop learning, Jeff is way past that point, he will never be any better than he is right now because as far as he is concerned he is the best and always will be

stock car driver
02-21-2012, 10:18 PM
i was not ripping on his work, he does nice work, but he has absolutely no ability to coexist with other people that may or may not have useful knowledge, he is arrogant, stubborn, and in many ways narrow minded... and he is just a flat out a$$hole, the day you stop listening or trying to understand people and the reasons they do the things they do is the day you stop learning, Jeff is way past that point, he will never be any better than he is right now because as far as he is concerned he is the best and always will be

Again sorry your so upset I dont agree with you. I already stated in my first reply to you that Ive done it that way in the past and had to re do it all the time.... This way has worked for 3 years for me with only having to repair it once, that 3 years would be 140 races approx which is more than youve ever raced.

fyi- Read your own b.s you are describing yourself to a T. Considering you havent met me you havent really got a clue. I learn stuff all the time, learned from the junk car I bought to finish the year.

You dont see me calling you names but Im the bad guy, lol...

The difference between you and I is I CAN do it all myself and your jealous cus you cant do shi t.

Why dont you just give up, theres nobody on here that cares what you have to say there are no threads on here with what youve built and you dont have customers running your designed anything all over the USA.

a1driver
02-23-2012, 01:23 PM
i didnt know they made a helmet big enough to fit your head, or ego. and yes, build my own AND have others running and winning in them.

dirty white boy
02-23-2012, 02:53 PM
theres plenty of big heads on here its true,...only time ive seen stock car be a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) is in refferance to ego,..an ive found his to be helpful a number of times,and he dose know from real world experiences what he says!!!

mqdirtracer57
02-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Chassis looks good Jeff...Good Luck this Season!!