PDA

View Full Version : Pre Race Cleaning Solution?

latemodel86
12-04-2011, 06:49 PM
At my track, I've seen a few guys spray the out side and underneath the car with some stuff to clean it I'm guessing? I was wondering what can you use and does it really help out much?

Egoracing
12-04-2011, 07:03 PM
It is more than likley something to keep the dirt from sticking, we used baby oil from the dollar store and a sprayer.

1Blacksheep
12-04-2011, 09:05 PM
1 Gal WD-40 and 1 bottle baby oil in a weed sprayer. Helps exterminate those pesky Rust Mites also. If you need to Bloomer thru the mud to make wt at the scale after the feature don't use it.LOL. Works good at keeping you under wt. Well the car anyway ! :eek::p

latemodel86
12-04-2011, 09:42 PM
1 Gal WD-40 and 1 bottle baby oil in a weed sprayer. Helps exterminate those pesky Rust Mites also. If you need to Bloomer thru the mud to make wt at the scale after the feature don't use it.LOL. Works good at keeping you under wt. Well the car anyway ! :eek::p

LOL. Now that I think about it, I think I've heard/seen some people use a can of hair spray or afro hair spray for the outside too, but I can't remember. I'll try the wd40 and baby oil should the track be tacky, Thanks!

sj valley dave
12-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Water soluble oil in a sprayer for underneath, and we just wipe it on the outside...No matter how heavy the gumbo is, it will fall off...Learned about this stuff from a couple of Sprint Car guys...