PDA

View Full Version : bsb slider on lr ??????????

widcard22
12-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Let me say first off new to mods???? I Put a bsb slider on lr it has the 2 inch longer shaft..Because i was told everyone uses it on lr.....( spring behind) Now with car at ride highth i only have an 1 3/4 inches of compression left before it bottoms out.......
Now i kno its on compression and car is mostly up on bars and will be traveling the opposite way. But when letting up entering corners wouldn't the slider come down an compress.

How much travel do you need in compression????

Just trying not to break parts....Should i have purchased the normal shaft slider or could i change the shaft back to a normal length

rocketmod19
12-04-2011, 07:51 PM
i would say you need some more depends on how rough your track is and how hard you car unloads i would say you need as much as you would normallywould have for your shock compression. if you need to cut it shorter it can be done even though it says it has a hardened shaft if done two of them myself. if you have a lathe cut it down then just run a die over it. i did it on my car and it works fine.

TCmod
12-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Let me say first off new to mods???? I Put a bsb slider on lr it has the 2 inch longer shaft..Because i was told everyone uses it on lr.....( spring behind) Now with car at ride highth i only have an 1 3/4 inches of compression left before it bottoms out.......
Now i kno its on compression and car is mostly up on bars and will be traveling the opposite way. But when letting up entering corners wouldn't the slider come down an compress.

How much travel do you need in compression????

Just trying not to break parts....Should i have purchased the normal shaft slider or could i change the shaft back to a normal length

Im not a 100% sure but between the 2" longer shaft version and standard I think only the shaft is 2" longer and the bodys are the same.

HEAVY DUTY
12-05-2011, 09:04 AM
You have to cut the hiem joints on each end shorter. You cant just screw them deeper in to the body because they will hit the shaft.

blknblumod
12-05-2011, 02:58 PM
I am a BSB dealer so I say this being 100% positive. Everything about the two sliders is identicle except the 2 inch longer version has a longer shaft. You have a few viable options, all of which I've done without issue. 1. If you have access to and experience with a lathe cut and rethread your existing shaft. 2. Get a standard length shaft and replace it. 3. Cut and shorten both upper and lower heim joints and you can achieve your 2" shorter length.

sobe92
12-05-2011, 03:48 PM
If you want and you haven't raced it yet. you can call bsb and trade that shaft for the standard length shaft.

We are currently in Indianapolis for the IMIS show but the guys will be back in the shop on 12-12 just call and talk to Delbert.

widcard22
12-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Thanks everyone !!!!!!

TCmod
12-05-2011, 11:21 PM
You could also raise the shock mount on the chassis. I'd do that so you never run into this problem again.

BigBlueFord
12-07-2011, 07:49 AM
We run two 2010 GRT mod's. You don't need to modify anything to run the long slider on the LR. We run the long slider and have no problems. We run three BSB's #7550-4 Clevis Shock Mt. on a BSB birdcages. Two on the left, one on the right. Attache the clevis mount using the top four bolt holes to the brdcage. That should get the clevis bolt centerline about 7" below axle centerline. Don't worry about compression on the left rear, you really need the extension more than the compression.