PDA

View Full Version : Run what ya brung race?

jrkracing54
12-05-2011, 06:09 PM
I have a "Run what ya brung" race on the 17th at East Bay. Only rule is late model cars and Goodyear G50 rubber. Any thoughts on things I could do to help myself out besides the plexiglass wall. I don't have the budget to do that for a single race. I already put on the 12" spoiler and took the roof off. I also built a fin that runs along the left side of the nose to hold air on the nose. Any other little things I can do to help that are normally outside the rules? Thanks in advance for any help. John 1*

sharp
12-05-2011, 09:28 PM
lots & lots of stagger. as much as u can possibly get or it will NOT turn with a side board.

Egoracing
12-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Remove what you can to get your %'S, Cover the RS wheels with covers if you can. Flair out the front of any wheel openings that you can not cover and flair in teh rear of the same openings to create a vacuum under the car. Put a piece of aluminum from nose to tail on the LS in the body seam from front to rear that is at lease 6 inches tall that you can make out of an old body side and brace it.
How may laps is the race?

jrkracing54
12-07-2011, 02:20 PM
50 lap race. I'm kinda limited this time of the year on budget. I also don't want to do anything that will change the car so extreme I can't drive it or adjust it as normal.

hpmaster
12-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Put a smaller board/wing as far forward on the left side nose as you can. These are cars are way hard to get to turn in and that smaller board will help get it to turn in then hang on and don't lift. If everything is ok you will come out the other side and be on track still. I don't know nothin about them Goodyears are as far as stagger sizin for enough stagger, talk to or look at a winged sprint car that gives ya an idea. If all works right you can just plant the right foot, it is hard on motors tho.

lyons17r
12-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Take off your left rear quarter panel it will let the air out from under the car better.

lyons17r
12-08-2011, 12:36 AM
And on the right side rivet some sheet metal over the wheel cut outs

LaSalleRacing68
12-08-2011, 03:27 AM
any chance you could ge ahold of a sprint wing? we ran one on our emod and it made a huge difference

racin6mod
12-10-2011, 04:56 PM
run that fine all the down the left side to put as much air as possible on the spoiler and with the roof off close up the cok pit hole as much as you can and still stear the car.

RCJ
12-11-2011, 08:41 AM
After you make all the changes to the car you will need to run a test session.There is a good chance the car will drive very different with the changes.

autoshop
12-13-2011, 04:30 PM
remove the roof and add sprint car wing mounted square to the car and the rear edge even with the center line of the front of the rear wheels , raise the rear springs 50-75 lbs. Don't slow your entry into the corner or it will have a slight push.Centering the wing plants all 4 wheels and makes the car drivealble thru the corners.