PDA

View Full Version : shock choice

mod38
12-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Looking to go with a new shock package in 2012. Running a lightning chassis right now and know they're big on bilstein shocks. Just wondering if there's a better option for a good package. Seen alot of integras on cars at the imis show, but never ran them.

JustAddDirt
12-13-2011, 08:48 AM
If you don't like donnies bilstein's then I would look at Genesis shocks in Georgia.
Just my opinion.

HEAVY DUTY
12-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Integra makes a good shock, as well as Genesis. We have a Bilstien package that is also good.Any brand of shock will work IF you get the right valving for your car. Some are more reliable than others and some cost a lot more than others. Our Bilstien package is very reasonable for a high quality shock at $490 for a 4 shock package.

fojtik83
12-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Get some base valve Integra's and go win some races. Money buys speed...so how fast do you wanna go?

tuner42
12-14-2011, 09:28 PM
We loved our Imtegra's sold our car and have a integra shock package to sell as we are getting out of racing.Give me a call if interested.

Thanks Greg Bates 217-714-1711 cell

tuner42
12-14-2011, 09:28 PM
We loved our Integra's sold our car and have a integra shock package to sell as we are getting out of racing.Give me a call if interested.

Thanks Greg Bates 217-714-1711 cell

beaver396
12-14-2011, 10:34 PM
You can go broke on shocks buying the lastest and greatest and still not be convinced you got what you need.

Just go with what your chassis builder reccomends, he usually isnt making a dime off shocks so thats the guy I will trust. I just dont trust any shock guys, they will tell you what you need and then in a month or two when you talk to them they have something special for you to try and it will cost you another rebuild.

you can have the same dyno numbers in a $100 bilstein or a $400 integra. Its about the valving .

fojtik83
12-15-2011, 07:26 AM
You can go broke on shocks buying the lastest and greatest and still not be convinced you got what you need.

Just go with what your chassis builder reccomends, he usually isnt making a dime off shocks so thats the guy I will trust. I just dont trust any shock guys, they will tell you what you need and then in a month or two when you talk to them they have something special for you to try and it will cost you another rebuild.

you can have the same dyno numbers in a $100 bilstein or a $400 integra. Its about the valving .

You need to look at rod pressure, shock fade, and leaking shocks in the case of oil filled. You can have a brand new afco shock and it will leak the first night on the track. I ran a set of Integra twin tubes all year not a drop of oil can out. So do you want to spend the money now or on rebuilds is the question.

And as far as valving numbers, that's not entirly true, there are linear, digressive, base valve and now directional valve shocks.

The choices are endless and you need to understand your car and how it works to benefit from a $400 shock. If you don't understand how your car is working your wasting your money.

tuner42
12-15-2011, 08:51 PM
very well said fojtik83 could not agree more!!!!!

justdrive33
12-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Where is the best place to look for info on understanding these different types of valves

JR. MECHANIC
12-21-2011, 06:09 PM
"leaking shocks in the case of oil filled"

All shocks have oil in them.