PDA

View Full Version : mb custom mod from jimmy mars

Scott Boesel
12-14-2011, 10:08 PM
i seen in a interview on dirtondirt.com he said he is starting to build a mb custom mod hope it goes good for him

Dirt Xtra
12-15-2011, 07:04 AM
Sounds interesting, but how much experience does he have with the mods? Never heard of him driving one and I think he has only been a dealer for a chassis. Could be the next big thing though.

31KMOD
12-15-2011, 08:29 AM
He drove one that I maintained in the middle 90's at his home track in Menomonie, he won 2 races that year and ran very good in the specials. He also ran one of his own cars last fall at Alexandria, Mn, I believe is was a BMS #428

Butch
12-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Jimmy Mars came up through the ranks from street stock seasion champion at age 13, to super stock standout and modified winner before climbing in a late model.

Mars Racing offers drivers in all divisions consulting programs.

sure we specialize in Late Models and Modifieds" says Jimmy, "but we are able to help racers in any division achieve better results. In addition to Late Model And Modified, we have helped many Street Stock, Midwest Modified and Super Stock racers in their programs with our consulting services, from driving techneque through setup and maintenance.

Sometimes we can help guys in the pits on race nights. Other times we rent a track out for a day to save time and get together with a group of racers all seeking our input.

The bottom line is we have consulting packages for racers in all classes."

Below is a heat race video of Jimmy Mars in his personal modified at the 2011 Punky Manor Challenge of Champions.
Jimmy starts in the rear in the white # 428. Mark Gerth an employee of Mars Racing is in the white #2 BMS from Mars. The Black #91 is Craig Thatcher, 7 time Wissota National Champion.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2FzEo_ESvQ

Butch

racin6mod
12-15-2011, 05:40 PM
I have a photo in the shop of jimmys BMS mod from a couple years ago.I got it because I liked the hood they had formed a small rise in the center like a cowl hood.

Butch
12-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Along with New Models, Mars Racecars always has a big selection of high quality trade Ins to fit anyones budget.

Butch

Butch
01-11-2012, 12:02 PM
The MB Custom Modified will no doubt incorperate some of the technology that has been learned in the R&D program of the MB2 Late Model.

"Very Interesting" (Sgt. Schultz)

Butch

Scott Boesel
01-11-2012, 01:57 PM
The MB Custom Modified will no doubt incorperate some of the technology that has been learned in the R&D program of the MB2 Late Model.

"Very Interesting" (Sgt. Schultz)

Butch

i know this is the mod page but what is the difference between jimmy and birkys lates vs the mb2 like seng, doar,gilberts,isenburg, moore,rauen and so on just wondering

Butch
01-11-2012, 05:15 PM
i know this is the mod page but what is the difference between jimmy and birkys lates vs the mb2 like seng, doar,gilberts,isenburg, moore,rauen and so on just wondering

Only Jimmy and Chris can tell you that, and I'm sure if they did they'd have ta kill ya.

Truth be known however, in an interview I heard with Tim Isenburg, He mentioned that he has seen Jimmy substitute an MB 2 for the MB Custom (un be known to anyone) in some of the $10,000 shows as a part of his MB 2 R&D Program.

This tells me that they are definitely two different cars.

Butch

50viebrockfan
01-11-2012, 07:25 PM

From talking to a driver last year one of them is an underslung car. I cant rember what one it is though but im sure thats not the only difference?

As far as the mod anyone know if this is just what they are calling the tracer mod that AJ built since they are now teamed up or is the tracer still gonna be around and sell 3 mod brands out of the shop?

MonteBurns
01-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Any news on who has one or is getting one? USMTS,IMCA,WISSOTA,UMP? Hopefully they run as good as their late models! Wonder if there will a limit on how many they produce?

SlumLord
01-13-2012, 08:29 PM
I heard they were makn 10

Hemm
01-24-2012, 09:08 PM
I talked to Jimmy last week. The new MB Custom mod is not IMCA legal. He told me USMTS, UMP & open shows only. He said he will not build a IMCA legal mod.

Scott Boesel
01-24-2012, 11:21 PM
I talked to Jimmy last week. The new MB Custom mod is not IMCA legal. He told me USMTS, UMP & open shows only. He said he will not build a IMCA legal mod.

i would bet to say they r also wissota legal seein how he is in wissota country

Loopy
01-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Jimmy Mars came up through the ranks from street stock seasion champion at age 13, to super stock standout and modified winner before climbing in a late model.

Mars Racing offers drivers in all divisions consulting programs.

sure we specialize in Late Models and Modifieds" says Jimmy, "but we are able to help racers in any division achieve better results. In addition to Late Model And Modified, we have helped many Street Stock, Midwest Modified and Super Stock racers in their programs with our consulting services, from driving techneque through setup and maintenance.

Sometimes we can help guys in the pits on race nights. Other times we rent a track out for a day to save time and get together with a group of racers all seeking our input.

The bottom line is we have consulting packages for racers in all classes."

Below is a heat race video of Jimmy Mars in his personal modified at the 2011 Punky Manor Challenge of Champions.
Jimmy starts in the rear in the white # 428. Mark Gerth an employee of Mars Racing is in the white #2 BMS from Mars. The Black #91 is Craig Thatcher, 7 time Wissota National Champion.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2FzEo_ESvQ

Butch

Good Ole Jimmy cherry pickin again?

(sarcasm alert)

Will be interesting to see how well they take off up here in Wissota land.....

Hemm
01-27-2012, 12:03 AM
He also told me that if I wanted a IMCA legal mod he would sell me a BMS by Marrs.

justgofast
01-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Does anybody know how many they have sold ? Who got the first one ?

justgofast
01-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Maybe they havnt sold any ?

Slingin Dirt
01-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Heard from a bird a local driver in central Illinois has purchased one

justgofast
01-30-2012, 02:36 PM
I was wondering if any big name usmts guys ? Is this guy from illinois that you heard about any good ?

SlumLord
01-31-2012, 05:34 AM
I was wondering if any big name usmts guys ? Is this guy from illinois that you heard about any good ?
He's alright .......... ;)

Slingin Dirt
01-31-2012, 06:29 AM
He has won a few track championships in his day. Usually is not out of the top five any Saturday night unless something breaks.

lancedehm
02-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Lance will be racing a mb custom mod by Jimmy this year. Instead of iceman maybe icecube

MonteBurns
02-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Finally an answer. With other drivers changing brands as well it ought to be interesting in central Illinois in a few short months. Wow, good luck to all.

justgofast
02-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Well thats one driver anyone know of any others ? how soon will the first car be done ? if it isnt already ?

racer118
02-05-2012, 11:50 AM
In an article I saw in the WISSOTA paper All The Dirt, Blake Jegtvig of Hawley, MN and is a WISSOTA National Champion, will be in an MB Customs Modified this year. I think Late Model driver Adam Hensel will also be in one.

Tireguy17
02-05-2012, 07:48 PM
In an article I saw in the WISSOTA paper All The Dirt, Blake Jegtvig of Hawley, MN and is a WISSOTA National Champion, will be in an MB Customs Modified this year. I think Late Model driver Adam Hensel will also be in one.

Adam will be in a Rocket Modified

TeamGRT12x
02-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Adam has a GRT

justgofast
02-10-2012, 07:45 AM
How much difference is there between usmts & wissota ? So we know of 2 drivers for sure ! Anyone know if they have any cars done yet ?

jlaney04
02-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Adam had a GRT last year, but they have since gotten a rocket by ruhlman modified to go with their rocket late model

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Adam-Hensel-Motorsports/175753514079

showtime24x
02-15-2012, 02:49 AM
I'd like to see some kind of partnership come out of the deal maybe Mar's Could help Gustin land some seat time in a late model in exchange for some advice- hot lapping in the mb custom mod ? Just an idea !

Butch
03-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Per an Interview on dirtcast.com, Mark Gerth, who beat out Buzzy Adams for the 2011 Red Cedar speedway Modified track Champion in a BMS from Mars, will be driving an MB Custom Modified from Mars in 2012.

To listen visit: http://www.dirtcast.com/Nr9J/sound-off-mark-gerth-wissota-modifieds-022912/

Mars will now have 3 mods and 3 late models to choose from.

Butch