PDA

View Full Version : mouse traps

rancheroman
12-18-2011, 07:35 PM
How important are mouse trap springs on the roller followers..I have a set of roller followers with no provision for the mouse trap springs..your thoughts please...thanks, Paul...

car62
12-20-2011, 04:51 PM
you will get different answers on this..alot of guys run without them,alot of guys run with them...if you are worried about it(and i myself would be)..you can take a cutting wheel and cut a groove in the followers..just dont go too massive.

84Dave
01-02-2012, 05:04 PM
There is no disadvantage to using 'trap springs with a roller or flat-follower cam. I've observed a roller head or two, where the springs were not used, & one or more was 'spit' @ 8000+. Not a pretty picture! -Dave-

Old Rob
01-05-2012, 11:51 PM
The addded cost is low, the inconvenience when adjusting is tolerable. However been in the hunt and have a rocker spit is just total frustration, especiall knowing that extra 10 minutes to put them on was nothing. I was a subscriber to no springs, spit a rocker, put us out first race of a double.

millerlt3
01-06-2012, 07:40 AM
if anything its an extra piece of mind, way the cost, of the mouse trap springs against the cost when you toss one. My vote spend the time and money and put them on.