PDA

View Full Version : 3 link Panhard bar question....

modinnc
12-23-2011, 09:27 AM
We are putting our first 3 link chassis togather. Car has a 68-72 chevelle clip, will have a bisquit torqe link mounted on top of rearend. We are in the process of mouting the panhard bar now. The rules dictate it must be 32" mounted behind rearend housing. My question is where should bar be mounted? Left side of chassis right side of rearend, right side of chassis LS of rearend?? We re thinking of making multiple mounts to run bar either way. What effect on the rear roll center would the different ways of mounting the bar make? Also, thinking of mounting bar to chassis more toward the center of car and the opposite end of bar closer to the wheel, would that load that tire even heavier?? Thanks.

jrtracing
01-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Dirt car Panhard bars are generally mounted to the chassis on the left side of the car and the rear end on the right side. It's kind of a side bite issue. The mechanical roll center is in the middle of the panhard bar (vertically and horizontally). Some people like to run the rear end side as close to the center of the rear end as they can get it. When I had my mod I liked to run the end of the bar closer to where the right side trailing arm mounted. I always thought I could feel the adjustments better.