PDA

View Full Version : Best stock GM heads ?

Ricky76
12-28-2011, 12:11 PM
What are the best GM head to run ? Any suggestions or comments please. Thanks, Ricky

jjump59
12-28-2011, 10:37 PM
What if you have to run a stock production intake, no boat or bowtie stuff?

dirt daddy
12-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Any engine builder can drill ur heads so older intake will work vortecs are the best GM cast heads out

Egoracing
12-30-2011, 10:25 AM
vortec then

mercruiser vortec cast iron 2 barrel intake is awesome if legal

As you seem to jump on people all the time Please explain what part of Mrecruiser is NOT a BOAT His post clearly states "No boat, no Bowtie". I guess that other missing points in a post makes then idiots to you as you have CLEARLY posted before so PLEASE next time you want to see an IDOIT that can not seem to read with understanding look in the mirror!

Ricky76
12-30-2011, 11:37 AM
I run Super Stock, but I'm building a factory stock also to run n big races and in factory stock we can't run vortec or bowtie heads. I've heard that 487x heads are the best ?

Egoracing
12-30-2011, 02:58 PM
I said if LEGAL dumb as...

Learn to read, he had already said they were NOT legal, It seem that you are the Dumb As... Again!

Egoracing
12-30-2011, 06:17 PM
Ego, is there a point to your posts? I dont see any tech advice or help being added by you to this thread...

If you want to chat why dont you go to the jnj hobby thread you already tried spewing your b.s in again and quit shi t ing all over threads?

Why dont you post up some of your racing results from 2010?

Or better yet post up the chassis you build for other people, lol.

When is the other time I was a dumb as s???? lol.

You post links to posts about information and jump down peoples throat when they ask a question about it. Then you make a stupid comment about parts that the person already said were illegal and when someone does it back you get upset.... Growup and learn to deal with people. As for what I have done, I guarantee I have not put a main cage in a car with a offset junction in the tube at a main structural point and I am smart enough to bend the A pillar bars in one piece without scabbing them together with the dash bar in the middle.

Egoracing
12-30-2011, 06:33 PM
What are the best GM head to run ? Any suggestions or comments please. Thanks, Ricky

Sorry for the idiots that think they know everything. The GM Vortec heads are the best factory production small block 23 degree iron heads. Be careful of the casting numbers as people seem to think that anything with center bolt valve covers and the new styoe intake bolt pattern are Vortec heads but they are not. The Vortec heads came on 1996 trucks and car a couple years later. The casting numbers for the true heads are 906 and 062. The Vortec heads have a heart shaped combustion chamber. The 305 ci motors heads do not breath as good as the 350 ci heads and will cost power Also you want to look for hardened seats insted of pressed in seats as the press in seats obstruct flow and will hurt performance. You can do a search on the internet and find how to identify the best heads and which are a true Vortec head. You can also still buy them new http://sdparts.com/details/gm-performance-parts/12558060
Hope this helps!

Egoracing
12-30-2011, 06:36 PM
fyi dumb as s.

the original poster who started this thread didnt say anything was illegal, that was a new users question and even a 3rd has now piggie backed on this thread.

Wheres your tech in this thread?

Hey Stupid, YOUR reply of the boat intake was to the person that posted NO BOAT! You even quoted him in your reply!!!!!

Egoracing
12-30-2011, 06:53 PM
So?? Its still a awesome intake if legal as I said, I ran it instead of a performer alum intake because it made more power on the dyno..

Have you EVER been on a dyno with anything you owned?

Did you forget your meds or what? If you want to chat with me email me at jnjfab@live.com or just call me 712 310 1183. Ill gladly tell you what a dumb as s you are. If you raced I would tow to your track and tell you in person.

I really like that you think just because you race you are correct about and know everything.
You argue with engine builders with proven track records that you know more than they do.
You evidently know more about chassis building than any builder out there because NONE of them would build a cage with the weak points that your have.
I guess by your logic "if you do not race you do not know anything about racing" then almost all of the nascar crew chiefs know nothing, most engine builders know nothing and the chassis builders are dumb als because last time I checked Mark Richards and the Masters have not driven a car in several years. HA..... Laughable.

stockcar5
12-31-2011, 09:33 AM
Sorry for the idiots that think they know everything. The GM Vortec The Vortec heads came on 1996 trucks and car a couple years later.

the vortec heads were used on 1996-2000 trucks and suv with the 350 "r" engine. they were never used in a passenger car.

Ricky76
01-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Unfortunately we can't run vortec, closed chamber, or double humps in the factory stock class and there is a compression rule. I'm just building this car to run big races around here where I live. They have several $2000-$2500.00 races a year, one $5000, and numerous $1000.00 races. The last $5000 in October, they had over 100 factory stock's show up.

Ricky76
01-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Ok thanks for all the information. I just found a set of 487's.

Ricky76
01-04-2012, 10:12 AM
I will check them out. Thank you for the information.