PDA

View Full Version : KBS Coatings?

gadirtracer
12-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Building a new car, almost ready for paint...thinking of going with KBS Coatings or POR 15. Thoughts? Powder coating isn't an option as factory firewall, floor pan, roof and quarters is on the car.
Leaning towards the KBS. Are the Aqua Klean and Rust Blast a must if car is sand blasted? How much would on need to do a chassis? They give you a pint to do 2 coats on a regular car frame.

gadirtracer
02-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Thanks for all the replys. Went w/the KBS Coatings. Turned out really good. Car looks like it was powder coated, but at half the cost. Seems to be as tough as powder coat so far.

stockcar5
02-17-2012, 12:18 PM
i never saw this original post, im curious why powdeercoating wasnt an option? was the booth to small to do the whole car with body?

gadirtracer
02-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Powder coat was an option, but the additional cost they wanted because of the extra prep work out weighed the cost difference. This car had the factory floor pan, fire wall and roof still on it. Also, had to haul the chassis 2 hours away to have it powder coated. I would've had almost a grand in p.c. I did the KBS myself for less than $200