PDA

View Full Version : Rocket black front measurement

C10
12-28-2011, 11:10 PM
What I am looking for is across measurement from the mid plate down tube to the opposite corner of the front frame rail where the bumper attaches. Need it on both L and RH side. Need to check quick if the front clip of the car is square before I decide to send it off to get clipped etc. Would like to see what is up myself so I dont have to spend the time to strip the whole car and make the drive to Shinnston to not have an issue. Called Scott at Richards Racing and he wont have a black front on the jig till next week or so. I would appreciate any help! Thanks

DoubleD
12-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Sean check with Curt at CRE he knows those blk fronts like the back of his hand. He can also jig or stub it for you..alot closer than WV.

C10
12-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks Dirk, I will give you a jingle tomorrow sometime, I saved your number if you want to take it off here ..

LIS20
12-31-2011, 09:07 AM
What is the number and location for "cre" -- thanks

DoubleD
12-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Curts Racing Enterprises Tiffin,Ia 319-545-5255

Graff Spee
01-01-2012, 06:13 PM
When you get everything worked out. You should drill a few strategic placed 1/8 inch holes as reference. mark down the measurement and you can check it at any time later on. A good idea is to make all the measurements at the same length. You can then make a fixed tram bar set to that length and do a quick ckeck. If you do bend it again you can have a local body shop repair it on their frame machine . If you are real slick you could even make a set of basic jigs out of wood. You are not building chassis so this would just be to check with. It works fine. good luck.

Graff Spee
01-01-2012, 06:18 PM
If you get into a bind. I have a new black front end chassis in one of the sheds. Its never been built. If you need measurements I could go out and get them for you. Its an 03 or 04 Rocket. I would have to do some climbing so make sure you really need the numbers!

C10
01-01-2012, 07:43 PM
I have access to a frame machine with laser trams, but I need to see how far over if at all the front is. I have been crazy busy and didnt get time to call Dirk, but will try and get that done tomorrow. I checked the top kicker with a straight edge and they were right on, Scott at Rocket said they should be straight, but I am still suspect of the lower rails... Just want to be sure its done right