Rick Brady
12-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Roll Call, One Week Away ....

mantooth
12-30-2011, 06:50 PM
going for the first time with Kyle Strickler mod #8

lemke7
12-30-2011, 09:20 PM
I see where the forecast has rain for Saturday and Sunday now!

fastford
12-30-2011, 11:46 PM
55 thursday, 60 friday, no rain in forcast so far, looks like a great ice bowl so far , yall come on down

latemodel86
12-31-2011, 08:54 PM
I think there is rain in the forcast. At least in my area, which is 20 min west of TST.

heath58
12-31-2011, 09:15 PM
58 high low 40 w/ 30% chance Sat and 62 high low 40 w/ 40% chance Sunday. That's what intellicast says for Eastaboga, AL.

Ronny Lee Hollingsworth and Ray Cook's websites both have them being there. Ronnie Johnson also said he would be there if the weather wasn't to cold or if there wasn't a 70%+ chance of rain.

racing4fun24
01-05-2012, 02:19 PM
DAY 1: well in true TST fashion they have not worked on the track and it is falling apart! The cars cannot even go out there and practice because of all of the holes! How sad is this??!! All of the time that these guys have put into getting there cars ready and the track could not even do there part to make them a good track to practice/race on and the fans a good track to see a good race. They should give the people there money back for today because it is a waste!

SAVE YOUR MONEY PEOPLE AND DON'T GO OUT THERE!!!

fireman15
01-05-2012, 03:48 PM
I can't open the web page. Does anyone know the schedule for Saturday and Sunday?

latemodel86
01-05-2012, 03:50 PM
I was afraid it would be rough due to the fact that it was a little rough at the end of last year after they put new clay on it and I doubt they would work on it, if they even could. I saw a pic on FB of turn 1&2 and it looked like ruts; kind of like what you would see at a motocross track. Hope it gets better for Saturday and Sunday.

latemodel86
01-05-2012, 03:53 PM
i can't open the web page. Does anyone know the schedule for saturday and sunday?

saturday january 7th

7:00am pits and grandstand gates open

7:00am driver registration opens for all divisions

7am – 10am breakfast served in the pit and main concession

9:00am mandatory drivers meeting all divisions

9:00am driver registration closes for all divisions

9:30am hot laps begin ( 2 laps )

11:00am racing begins

sunday january 8th

8:00am pits and grandstand gates open

8am – 10am breakfast served in the pit and main concession

9:45am – 10:15am church service

10:30am – 11:15am drivers autograph session

11:30am mandatory drivers meeting

11:50am invocation and national anthem

12noon first consolation race begins

fireman15
01-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Thank you bunches

latemodel86
01-05-2012, 04:04 PM
No problem. I'm not sure I can wait till March to get back racing @ TST though!

SASPR
01-05-2012, 04:12 PM
I have just talked to the upper management at Talladega Short Track and they tell me they are as disappointed as anybody on the track conditions today after working on it for the past week and half. They are going to start to work back on the track after practice tonight and try to get the track in the best possible shape to race on for the remainder of the weekend.

latemodel86
01-05-2012, 05:30 PM
I have just talked to the upper management at Talladega Short Track and they tell me they are as disappointed as anybody on the track conditions today after working on it for the past week and half. They are going to start to work back on the track after practice tonight and try to get the track in the best possible shape to race on for the remainder of the weekend.

TST will get it fixed, I'm sure of it!

racing17
01-06-2012, 02:12 PM

And you believed them?

flagone
01-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Not only did I believe them I watched them. And they will work on it again tonight and it will be better tomorrow.

racing17
01-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Been a participant there for over 20 years and it has been a downward spiral the whole time.

ga racer
01-06-2012, 09:18 PM
there is no fixing the mess they have made, these holes are measured in feet not inches.

99plummer
01-07-2012, 07:18 AM
In all fairness to TST .Every track I have seen put down new Clay in the south mainly have took at less 6 to 8 weeks of racing before the track is worth a crap..You can run heavy equipment on it all day long ..It still is not the same as a full race weekend..I knew this was going to happen..They get it fixed but it will be after the Icebowl..

Colorado #28
01-07-2012, 07:46 AM
In all fairness to TST .Every track I have seen put down new Clay in the south mainly have took at less 6 to 8 weeks of racing before the track is worth a crap..You can run heavy equipment on it all day long ..It still is not the same as a full race weekend..I knew this was going to happen..They get it fixed but it will be after the Icebowl..

So I'm baffeled at that statement.....If you are just a normal spectator and knew that if you put new clay down that it would take 6 to 8 weeks to get in shape, then why did the upper management let it happen...There's no excuses...I was going to go there and race this weekend. I'm glad I didnt make the trip to be disappointed. There are drivers that make the haul and expect a track to be ready to race on.... Then they wonder why each year people decide not to race at that track...I'm not a basher I'm a racer, but take Responsibility for your actions.... I just watched the video of last nights practice and wow those are ruts and I wouldnt tear my car up on that track...I wouldnt be surprised if drivers dont start packing up their cars and leave!!! Maybe next year they wont make the same mistake, but the question will be how many drivers will take the chance to go their again after this years debacle.....Im not....

Late_Model_Mark
01-07-2012, 08:31 AM
I'll be going just on Sunday, first time ever not going all three days.

Late Model Mark

lockwire
01-07-2012, 03:11 PM
So I'm baffeled at that statement.....If you are just a normal spectator and knew that if you put new clay down that it would take 6 to 8 weeks to get in shape, then why did the upper management let it happen...There's no excuses...I was going to go there and race this weekend. I'm glad I didnt make the trip to be disappointed. There are drivers that make the haul and expect a track to be ready to race on.... Then they wonder why each year people decide not to race at that track...I'm not a basher I'm a racer, but take Responsibility for your actions.... I just watched the video of last nights practice and wow those are ruts and I wouldnt tear my car up on that track...I wouldnt be surprised if drivers dont start packing up their cars and leave!!! Maybe next year they wont make the same mistake, but the question will be how many drivers will take the chance to go their again after this years debacle.....Im not....

Its packed with plenty of fans and participants every year. No different to any other year.

Colorado #28
01-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Its packed with plenty of fans and participants every year. No different to any other year.

This thread was about the state of the track, not fans being in the seats...!!!!!!! Thats what i was commenting on.....The TRACK..!!!!

dirt crow
01-07-2012, 04:33 PM

your right about that. no matter the condition of the track, the lack of passing, and the God awful bathrooms, the place is packed out with fans and cars year after year. gotta hand it to the tst staff. they know how to make a ton of money and not give a sh*t at the same time. amazing......

lockwire
01-07-2012, 06:57 PM
This thread was about the state of the track, not fans being in the seats...!!!!!!! Thats what i was commenting on.....The TRACK..!!!!

Actually the thread started about the Roll Call, the track is often in bad condition at this time of year, it normal for conditions here. Other tracks have the same problem from time to time in GA.

racinred
01-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Yea and KEEP ya jive as in Colorado we dont NEED you or WANT you in Alabama YOU BITCHIN LITTLE BITCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colorado #28
01-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Yea and KEEP ya jive as in Colorado we dont NEED you or WANT you in Alabama YOU BITCHIN LITTLE BITCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm amazed.....Almost all of the posts on this (Roll call thread) were from people from the state of Alabama....People that only live 15 minutes from the track.....So im curious what do you call them? There in your state of Alabama....Maybe you should read before you start yelling with those capitals...Again as a racer, I was commenting just like everybody else about the track....Your probally not a racer and dont understand hauling your car from state to state and have the track not be ready to race...You tear up a Rf or LF and thats about $500.00 dollars worth of parts just to try and win....But I know that going in because I race and that comes with the territory...

So Racinred you have a nice day!!!!

geterdone
01-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Does anyone Know where the 8 of david Burton in the crate division was running and how he crashed

dirt crow
01-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Now I'm amazed.....Almost all of the posts on this (Roll call thread) were from people from the state of Alabama....People that only live 15 minutes from the track.....So im curious what do you call them? There in your state of Alabama....Maybe you should read before you start yelling with those capitals...Again as a racer, I was commenting just like everybody else about the track....Your probally not a racer and dont understand hauling your car from state to state and have the track not be ready to race...You tear up a Rf or LF and thats about $500.00 dollars worth of parts just to try and win....But I know that going in because I race and that comes with the territory...

we are called the same. lol. ......ignore it man. i've been called everything on here by drivers, fans, and promoters. doesnt bother me, cause usually when it happens, somebody gets mad because its the truth.

so your from colorado. i really enjoy watching kelly boen race. just rarely get too. good luck this year.

lockwire
01-08-2012, 10:36 AM

The only trouble you would have is the boys from Alabama would smoke your butt, I doubt you would even qualify. Ive probably been attached to more championships than you have won races so forget about your high handed BS.

dirt crow
01-08-2012, 11:46 AM
The only trouble you would have is the boys from Alabama would smoke your butt, I doubt you would even qualify. Ive probably been attached to more championships than you have won races so forget about your high handed BS.

and you take the tst regulars and put them in colorado, colorado would smoke their butt. at least the man traveled. outside of busha and wilson, none of the tst regulars are worth a crap anywhere else. i have traveled to alot of tracks outside of bama in my 25 years following the sport, and bama drivers are the worst away from home.

NYDIRT
01-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Agree with you 100% Dirt Crow, I have noticed the same thing, the only place the tst regulars can race and do any good is at there local track!!!

giffordracing
01-08-2012, 05:18 PM
here is a coulple of picts from facebook...pictures worh 1000 word...glad i stayed home...several teams I no went down and the same was said by them

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23992195

lockwire
01-08-2012, 05:48 PM
and you take the tst regulars and put them in colorado, colorado would smoke their butt. at least the man traveled. outside of busha and wilson, none of the tst regulars are worth a crap anywhere else. i have traveled to alot of tracks outside of bama in my 25 years following the sport, and bama drivers are the worst away from home.

That would be fair comment as to the guys that do not travel, including most everyone.

t39racer
01-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Here is something to think about: the track is the same for EVERBODY! Also in the pic that gifford posted I see a least TWO grooves with a rough spot in the middle. so why the complaints? geez some will complain if you beat em with a new ball bat. hahahahaha. SERIOUSLY guys its DIRT track racing, if you want a perfectly smooth and/or tacky track your not usually going to find it at a big event with so many cars on it. We didnt make it down this year but several friends did and they all said it was as usual a good time. See ya'll at the bama bash
Tim Totherow T39racer

nuff said
01-10-2012, 05:43 PM
People are usually on here complaing because TST is blacked over and dryslick at The Ice Bowl,evidently that wasn't the case this year.You can't please everyone,rough is usually racey at least,although tough on equipment.
It was below freezing prior to the weekend and that's usually hard on track prep.

fastford
01-10-2012, 09:23 PM
now Colorado, see what you and ole crow bait done started, truth be known i am sure tst is glad either of you was not there , there is no telling what kind of bad mouthing you would be doing

dirt crow
01-11-2012, 08:50 PM
crow bait. funny.

fastford
01-11-2012, 11:34 PM
i thought you would appricuate that

Late_Model_Mark
01-13-2012, 08:37 PM
For the most part, the crow is correct about the TST drivers away from the hornets nest, however the crow fails to remember that Busha went up to Winchester and won a coupls $3-granders up there. Ole Right Foot has done ok in Mississippi.

Late Model Mark

RacinwithRex
01-14-2012, 12:58 PM
For the most part, the crow is correct about the TST drivers away from the hornets nest, however the crow fails to remember that Busha went up to Winchester and won a coupls $3-granders up there. Ole Right Foot has done ok in Mississippi.

Late Model Mark

Love watching him here at Boyds put on a show..............