PDA

View Full Version : clamped LR help me out

bluemod
12-31-2011, 09:05 PM
Ok my mod has a clamped LR noone around my track knows nothing bout a clamped car. Where should the shocks and springs me mounted. Left side spring in front or behind? Right side spring infront or behind? Whats some advantages of a clamped LR or any? And this is a 4 bar 4 bar car

dirttrackrocker
01-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Ok my mod has a clamped LR noone around my track knows nothing bout a clamped car. Where should the shocks and springs me mounted. Left side spring in front or behind? Right side spring infront or behind? Whats some advantages of a clamped LR or any? And this is a 4 bar 4 bar car

The LR spring has to be in front on a clamp. The cars I have seen running clamped up have the right spring on top of the axle tube, but, I'm sure you could run it in front also.

bluemod
01-01-2012, 10:06 AM
If the rr spring is behind what does that do to the car. So it would be better to pull the spring on top? both being in front dont seem like that would work very well.

washeduptoo
01-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Spring behind rr would probably make the car wheelie bad with a 4-4 set up.JMO, good luck.

racin6mod
01-01-2012, 03:48 PM
I always run my springs in front on both sides the only time the rr spring on top of the axle seems to work is on the z link rr set up it make the car seem loose and darty on the 4 bar set up.I run the lr spring with a coil over kit on a clamp bracket and the rr on a slider floated on the bc with the shock mounted behind the axle this makes it realy easy to tune at the track and I've do it with my chassis and my brothers dw9 chassis it hooks up hard coming out.

bluemod
01-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Ok im running a high backed 1/2 mile. whats your opinions of this set up for what im running. change it over or leave it?

js11
01-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Racin6mod seems to have this right. I've run the RR spring in front on a swing arm, on a birdcage (with a coil kit or eliminator) and on the tube. I prefer the spring on the birdcage with an eliminator and the shock behind on a bracket. Seems to be more consistent. My beef with the RR spring on the tube is that car turns too easy for my preference and is inconsistent when the track condition changes.

bluemod
01-18-2012, 07:42 PM
is the clamped setup more for a stop and go track or will this work good on a high back 1/2mile. Or should i change the lr over to the birdcage.

xxxmod
01-19-2012, 10:41 AM
is the clamped setup more for a stop and go track or will this work good on a high back 1/2mile. Or should i change the lr over to the birdcage.

I feel good cars that are clamped are easier to drive on the throttle.JMO

bluemod
02-05-2012, 06:45 PM
im still on the debate of changin the car off of the clamped lr. Ive bought the new bc. would it be a good idea to start the new year off with or with out it clamped. Will i get anything better out of the car with it not being clamped

AroundTheWall
02-06-2012, 07:56 AM
It doesn't matter if it's 4/4 or 4/zlink. Run the rr spring on top of the rearend and put the lr spring in front on a clamp bracket. Take your c/o eliminators and sell them. These cars work much better with just the springs in spring buckets. Run about 40# of lr and you should be close.

TeamGRT12x
02-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Clamped up is good for straight line drive but they have a throttle tight tendency.