PDA

View Full Version : Renegade/street stock tires

krazyracer10
01-01-2012, 01:59 PM
My track opened up the tire rule on the renegades. we can run any 8 in. tire that checks at 60 or harder. What would be the best tire to go with? Goodyear, hoosier, or american racer? No one around here knows what would be best cuz this is new to us. We run on a 4/10 mile clay oval (Friendship Speedway). Thanks for any help

krazyracer10
01-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks, has anyone heard anything about the G-32 goodyears? they look like they have a better tread

4bangerhotrod
01-01-2012, 08:13 PM
i tried goodyear LM tires a couple yrs ago. and they were usually 3-5 tenths slower than out AR tires. ive never heard anyone say anything good about a goodyear dirt tire. from my experiences with AR and hoosier tires there both good and pretty close to each other. ar's are better on some surfaces and hoosiers are better on some surfaces and i felt like the ar's had alittle better sidebite than hoosiers and hoosiers had alittle better foward than the ar's. over all i like ar's tires better, if you dont like the tread pattern you can groove them. but i like the chain link tread, we run the chain link tread on all 4 corners on LM's we just grove the back tires across the tire.

SLOWRIDE
01-05-2012, 10:51 PM
correct me if im wrong someone,but i believe the racers are still a true rubber based tire while the hoosier g60 is silicone/synthetic based....so id def go with g60 racers