PDA

View Full Version : Swing arm spring rates

RW57
01-01-2012, 07:05 PM
We are building my son a new car, It is a bascially a stock clip late model but must be a 3 link in rear with solid top link . It is based on a warrior 2 x2 chassis with one of the Howe 2x4 tube clips that use stock lower control arms by the way these things are the stuff if they are legal where you run they come with all suspension points on it motor mounts and all, Now my question I have set the car up on 19 in swing arms I have been told I will need to go up on spring rates being that the elimnators are mounted on the arms , The old car had the springs mounted on top of the housing with jack screws we ran 175 -200"s rr 200- 250"s lr the old car and the new car have to weigh 2800 lbs 350 ci with hyper 4 eyebrow flat tops smog heads cut to 70 cc min alum intake 425 lift rule cam w hyd lifters 600 single line holley. I was looking at probably going with a 300 rr 350 lr I think will this be close If what I am being told is correct the trailing arms are locked down and do not rotate like a 4 link thanks in advance.