PDA

View Full Version : Waycross and Golden Isles Announce Two Major Events February 11th and 12th, 2012

Southern Thunder PR
01-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Waycross and Golden Isles Announce Two Major Events February 11th and 12th, 2012

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MEDIA CONTACT INFO:
Brad Byrd: (865) 919-5550 / Email: bbyrd7@hotmail.com
Mike Carter: (912) 449-3949
Tommy Banks (912) 288-1274
Chad Starling: (912) 550-3662

Waycross, GA / Brunswick, GA (December 29th, 2011) Waycross Motor Speedway in Waycross, Georgia and Golden Isles Speedway in Brunswick, GA will host two major paying events as a part of southern Georgia and Florida Speedweeks, February 11th and 12, 2012.

The 'Battle In The Swamp' (Waycross - Feb. 11) and ‘The Super Bowl of Racing VIII’ (Golden Isles - Feb 12th) will each feature one-day, fifty-lap, $10,000 to win Super Late Model main events. Each event will run primarily under the rules of the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series but there may be a few twists with regards to the racing format and the tire rule may differ just a bit.

These events will be co-promoted, hosted and managed by recent Southern All Stars Dirt Racing Series Director Brad Byrd of the Knoxville, Tennessee area along with a crew of veteran dirt racing officials.

A $2,000 ‘Champion Takes All’ points fund will be offered as an additional bonus which will be paid to the driver with the highest average finish from both nights racing, so it’s conceivable that a driver could take home a total of $22,000 for a couple nights work.

The Saturday, February 11th event will run at the Mike Carter and Gary Johns co-promoted and co-owned 4/10 mile red clay oval, Waycross Motor Speedway. Mike Carter stated; “We are very excited about this race because we’ve wanted to do something like this for some time now and we’re planning on making it an annual event.” We are also excited to have Brad and his team helping us to promote the event. We wanted it to be promoted and run in a professional manner and we know they’ll do a great job for us.” There will also be a full practice on Friday, February 10th at Waycross.

The Sunday event, which will run on Sunday afternoon, will be held at the 4/10 mile Tommy Banks promoted Golden Isles Speedway in nearby Brunswick, Georgia. "We are very excited about our partnership with Waycross Speedway" stated Banks. "I think this will make for a very exciting one-two punch for the fans and even though day racing is considered by many to be a thing of the past , I wanted to allow these drivers plenty of time to make it to East Bay the next day and I’m also reminded of the year Earl Pearson Jr. passed Jimmy Owens and Scott Bloomquist on the last lap a few years ago during a day race here and I’m hoping we can re-capture that same level of excitement this time around”

“I am extremely excited about this opportunity” stated Byrd, who just a few weeks ago announced his departure from Southern All Stars. “I have had several offers since announcing I was leaving SAS and have been humbled to be quite honest with you. I am considering some of those but when the opportunity to promote these events at Waycross and Golden Isles came along it was something I simply could not pass up” as Byrd continued.

In addition to Super Late Models on Saturday night, WMS will offer a $1,000 to win, thirty-lap event for The Limited Sportsman Division and a twenty-lap, $600 to win event for the Pure Stock Division.

On Sunday, GIS will offer a $1,000 to win, thirty-lap event for The Limited Sportsman Division as the only support class offered so the event will be an all Late Model show.

WMS gates for the Friday night practice will open at 4:00pm eastern. Track gates will open on Saturday at 12:00 noon with the driver’s meeting slated for 6:00pm and hot laps shortly thereafter.

GIS gates will open on Sunday at 12:00 noon with the driver’s meeting slated for 1:30pm and hot laps shortly thereafter.

Adult General Admission for both tracks will be $25 with Pit Passes set at $40.

The Waycross website is located at www.WayXSpeedway.com; the track phone is (912)-449-3949 for Mike Carter or Gary Johns; Chad Starling can be reached at (912) 550-3662 or Brad Byrd can be reached at (865) 919-5550; the GPS/Mailing address for the track is 2101 Knight Avenue, Waycross, GA 31501.

Drivers and fans can find out additional info for Golden Isles by logging on to the GIS website at: www.GoldenIslesSpeedway.com; the track phone is (912)-288-1274 for Tommy Banks or Brad Byrd can be reached at (865) 919-5550; the GPS/Mailing address for the track is 101 Speedway Drive, Waynesville, GA 31566.

mf0521
01-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Very curious what drivers will hit golden isles on feb 12th..................