PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Hobby Stock rules questions?

LOGANSTANFORTH
01-03-2012, 01:41 AM
1.When it states "Non adjustable tubular upper a-arms permitted" does that mean I can move the mounts to where I need them or do they have to be in the stock location? I am assuming they are referring to the use of slugged upper mounts when they say non-adjustable, am I correct? So can a upper mount with various mounting holes be used or are they only allowed to have one set of mounting holes? And are they allowed to be adjusted for caster and camber with shims between the mount and the A-arm cross shaft?

2.When they are saying "Rear suspension must be stock O.E. design. No added lift arms, shocks or springs." do they mean I can run a full tube chassis as long as it is a triangulated 4 link on like the back of a Metric GM car, but I can build the control arms however I want and in whatever location I want or are they saying everything must be stock location and in stock geometry?

3. Most of the tracks (some aren't) allowing the use of an aluminum intake manifold but they do not specify if that is stock or an aftermarket one, and I was curious.

4. I see the cylinder heads must be cast iron, but I'm guessing they aren't stock?

5. I see their is no cubic inch or CFM limit on the carburetors either, anything I should know there too?

This could get really fun, really quick, off to find a old modified chassis and a big stroker kit for a chevy...

barnym17
03-02-2012, 03:33 PM
It is generally accepted to mean the length of the upper arm is not adjustable.I.E.no arms with hiem joint ends. If you go by the letter of the rules any oem DESIGN rear suspension is ok such as 3 link, leaf, 2 link with lift bar etc.Sometimes have to argue with tech but show em what model you took the design from and most agree. Most tracks want a stock frame to the rear spring perches however they allow unibody cars such as nova or camaro to replace the unibody rails with 2x2 (grey area).
As far as heads no you will not find stock heads running anywhere near the front.
Most at tracks that allow 4bbl are in the 500 to 525 range with front runners generally making close to 600 hp. The few tracks that require 2bbls are now allowing any 2bbl so the c&s 890 is popular and will make close to what the 4bbl guys do.

sj valley dave
03-03-2012, 01:12 AM
A 890 cfm 2 bbl carb will flow about 480-500 cfm when you flow it at a 1 1/2" of mercury like you flow a 4 bbl at...Still a big disadvantage compared to a 750/850 4bbl ...IMO

barnym17
03-03-2012, 10:13 AM
It is somewhat, but if the track slicks up won't hurt to much.