PDA

View Full Version : I-77 (WV) Big 2012 Announcements

Throwndirt33
01-11-2012, 05:00 PM
I-77 would like to thank all the fans for the positive comments about the facility upgrades for 2012. We are in the final stages of a schedule but we would like to make our first set of announcements for 2012. First off, we are finishing new and improved purses for the Super Late's, AMRA Mod's and the Street Stock classes. Also, Sunday May 27th we will make history with a record I77 Super Late show as well as a Renegade Modified Tour show. We can't release all the details but i'll simply say mark your calenders now, it's going to be awesome!! Let's get the buzz started, and let's make 2012 a year to remember at I77!!

Thanks
Shon Parsons

Pennsboro23
01-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Awesome, run against the WoO at Mineral Wells if they get everything done. This is why tracks aren't successful as they once were. Not sure why you would run the same day as WVMS which is thirty minutes up the road. Is there not another weekend? Agree, or am I totally off with my thinking?

Bubba Smith
01-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Bubba Smith finally made his way to Fairplaines and after stopping off at Burger King drove over to the horse barn just looking for clues. A LOT of dirt has been moved. To be honest I can't tell where the pits will be extended to but there is a lot more area available for pits. I agree with whoever said they needed these guys working on West Virginia Motor Speedway (they would have had a new 3/8 oval built there now). I might go ahead and add this right now. Nothing is happening at Mineral Wells and all the trailers on the hill have been moved out and the place looks deserted. I-77 Speedway is going in the right direction that's for sure. Don't know if I'll OK it good enough for Karl's big events yet but it's heading there. Maybe they will create their own big events (which seems to be what you fans want) for a future tradition.

J. Steve Davis
01-11-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm with Pennsboro23 on this. It will be a tough deal to compete with a race just up the road. You might get some Late Models who won't want to run with the WoO series but what about the fans? For instance I would like to see both shows but can only go to one. What about Monday?
Racing at Tyler Saturday, WVMS Sunday and I-77 on Monday. Too much? Any other ideas?