PDA

View Full Version : Lower Control Arms

Code-man
01-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Which one is better one piece, solid strut two piece or rod end two piece? Has anyone made they own?
Thanks

supercomet32
01-16-2012, 06:52 AM
I run a rod end two piece that works pretty well for me but am not against the solid strut two piece either

Matt49
01-16-2012, 07:38 AM
The one-piece control arms are more rigid in construction.
The only problem we have had since switching to one-piece is easily getting caster where we want it. Adjustments don't really do much to move the ball joint without putting the whole structure in a bind which I find undesirable. We are switching to slotted uppers with the slug inserts so that we can more easily make caster adjustments.
Just my two cents.

talclipse
01-16-2012, 10:56 AM
The bad thing about the one piece lowers is if you clip a tire and bend a strut tube the entire lower is junk. With a two piece lower you can slap a new strut tube on and be ready to go between races. As far as the deal with setting caster goes it is a major PITA to the point that I started cutting my one piece lowers apart and putting a turnbuckle in them so that I could more easily adjust the caster. Like Matt said though it can put stuff in a significant bind.