PDA

View Full Version : new to the modified world new help

ND84
01-17-2012, 12:16 AM
i recently bought a metric chassis off of a guy who ran the car a couple of times last year and he was running a 3 link setup on the car. the car was for swingarms orignally but used the 3 link setup. the guy didnt know much about the car so i dont know the maker i only know its a 2002 metric chassis and its a bare chassis so i dont know how it was setup. so my question to you guys is i need to know whats a good 3 link setup for a metric chassis i just need a good starting point. i also read that a straight rod is better to run than a spring or rubber bushing bar for the torque link it said the straight rod was better for the geometry on the car for a 3 link setup opposed to a 4 link car. so im just wondering how true if at all that was.

xxxmod
01-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Yes to the solid pullbar.

cavemod
01-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Alot depends on what lower control arms you have or plan on using.Metric or stock lowers require higher spring rates.Your best bet is to call lightning chassis out of kentucky or hope heavyduty posts a response here.

HEAVY DUTY
01-17-2012, 07:05 PM
You need to find out what kind of car it is so you can get some info on it.If you are trying to put one together not knowing the bar lengths, a frame lengths, motor plate size, ride heights and some other things, you will be better off scrapping it and getting something rolling or a name brand that you can get info on.You might post a picture on here so we can look at it. Somebody might know what kind of chassis it is. A bare chassis is just a shopping cart to put all the expensive stuff in, and it will cost you waaaay more to put it together than you will spend on a newer straight roller, especially if you arent buying the right parts for it.