PDA

View Full Version : Black Front Rocket Question

mqdirtracer57
01-19-2012, 11:24 AM
I have seen a black front Rocket with a Long RF Upper control arm bolted inside the frame brackets. I have an 8 1/4" upper with a 5/8 spacer mounted on outside of my car...The question at hand is,What does this do for the front end geometry? Does it help the car get over on RF easier? I know it moves roll center to left side.What are the effects?

fox1162002
01-19-2012, 12:47 PM
I've got to black front cars one set up like yours the other has a longer rf upper but not to the inside. The car with the longer also has a set of holes on the lf to drop it down from standard holes. That car is a lot freer of a car. I was told that is what you need when you run a crate motor or low hp engine. And I do know when you move your roll center to the left it will free the car up. Hope this helps.

Matt49
01-20-2012, 05:28 PM
The shorter RF upper will also increase the negative camber gain on compression of the RF. Whether that is good or bad will depend on the track and the attitude of your car through the corner.
Many of the cars these days that look like they are achieving huge camber gain is kind of an optical illusion. The camber with relation to the car itself (and the body that your eye naturally references the wheel to) is extreme but the camber to the track isn't that much because the car is rolled over so much. There's speed to be found in getting it right.