PDA

View Full Version : very loose on corner exit

rebel1mcelroy
01-20-2012, 05:11 PM
i run a 80 camaro ss at batesville ar its a big 3/8 momentum track. got a pair of 225 landrums on the back car is pretty good till it drys out. car is new to me . any ideas ? thanks

rebel1mcelroy
01-20-2012, 05:44 PM
im running 2 to 2.5 on stagger. and yes we run grooved pull offs. the car won points in 2010 but he had 2 cars and didnt run it in dry conditions (only in the spring) i have a mc ss i run on short tracks and i wanted a car for the big shows at bms and westplains. ive got 120lbs of wedge now and no shock on the lf rear and still no drive off . the car steers very good maybe its my right foot and a 421 with 500 ft of torque!! lol

Driver88
01-20-2012, 06:53 PM
The old leaf cars are still soaking up the glory at Batesville. I went and watched the fall streetstock show. And there were only 2 metrics that made the big show and a couple struts(if I'm not mistaking). But if everything goes right there will be one more metric trying to make the show this year.

rebel1mcelroy
01-20-2012, 07:07 PM
i made the spring race with my metric in 2010!! rode around for 3/4 of the race then tried to make a move to the front but couldnt cause i had no rr left!! finished 14th,started 22nd. lol i think i had my weight too high in the car and had to stiffen the rr spring to keep it from laying over and it was too much for the tire!! i sure wish i could figure it out !! ive got the monte in the garage now i put a new moser in it and im putting a body on it, then it will be time to get the camaro in and see what i can do to get more drive!! buy the way i called chuck mcginty he said he had for springs on the front rf 1200 the shock is a 6 and a 1000lf 5 how does that sound to yall?

Drake Racing
01-20-2012, 07:38 PM
7 degrees pinion angle, put a 175 on rr 80# bite soften up the frt a little
my Camaro had all the forward drive I needed.

Curt Drake
Pro am #55x

Driver88
01-20-2012, 08:44 PM
i made the spring race with my metric in 2010!! rode around for 3/4 of the race then tried to make a move to the front but couldnt cause i had no rr left!! finished 14th,started 22nd. lol i think i had my weight too high in the car and had to stiffen the rr spring to keep it from laying over and it was too much for the tire!! i sure wish i could figure it out !! ive got the monte in the garage now i put a new moser in it and im putting a body on it, then it will be time to get the camaro in and see what i can do to get more drive!! buy the way i called chuck mcginty he said he had for springs on the front rf 1200 the shock is a 6 and a 1000lf 5 how does that sound to yall?

Congrats on making the show. That place is a tire getter. And I don't think you can save enough to make a run at the end. By the time its over everyone is tip towing around.

Them springs are close. Compared to what I have heard anyways.

rebel1mcelroy
01-20-2012, 09:23 PM
thanks guys!! ill get the monte done then ill get the camaro checked out and get it on scales then ill be picking your brains again when i have more specs!! by the way i love this forum its so much better than midsouth!! :)

Driver88
01-20-2012, 10:22 PM
thanks guys!! ill get the monte done then ill get the camaro checked out and get it on scales then ill be picking your brains again when i have more specs!! by the way i love this forum its so much better than midsouth!! :)

So why are you giving into peer pressure and get a camero? Since ya have already made the show with the Monte. Why not just improve on it and take it back.

DaveBauerSS6
01-21-2012, 12:08 AM
7 degrees pinion angle, put a 175 on rr 80# bite soften up the frt a little
my Camaro had all the forward drive I needed.

Curt Drake
Pro am #55x
Agreed on the above, RR to 175, drop the fronts down to 900 range and tune the stagger 1 to 1 1/2 inch.
You did'nt mention rear wheel offsets. Shift them to the left as the track dries.

rebel1mcelroy
01-21-2012, 06:47 AM
have so much fun running hobby stock and batesville dosent run a full sch.in ss and it dosent pay well around here on a reg. night. and i didnt want to have to make a bunch of changes to the car for a short track (onch i got it right for batesville) its the only big track around here!! lol no worries if i cant get it to go this year im selling it!! keep the 421 to put back in the monte!! as for spring placment i have factory front spring mounts!! if i go to a softer rr wouldnt that free me up too much getting in? the car weighs 3300LBs you think a 200 spring would be better than a 175? also what do you think of the afco front renforced springs ? think they would give more drive? thanks

rebel1mcelroy
02-29-2012, 07:58 PM
ok guys im working on the camaro!! lol ive been hearing from some guys that run there alot and they say to run 200 rr spring and run a trydown shock on lr and a 5/3 on rr also ive been reading afco's web site and they say to toe front eyes in on the springs and to toe the right front eye more than left to tighten it on exit!! what do yall think? thanks