PDA

View Full Version : All-New Esslinger 2.3 Block

84Dave
01-21-2012, 12:26 PM
For those of you who may or may not subscribe, the latest issue (April) of Circle Track magazine has a full-page article of the Subject on page 92. The block may be considered a bit 'pricey' by many, but it certainly has some very positive attributes for performance & durability. Billet main caps with ARP studs, either a standard deck-height or a 'tall' deck, a thicker block deck at the top, siamese bores & thicker cylinder walls, a needle-bearing aux-shaft support, and the ability to bore the cylinders up to +.160" over the stock 2.3L dimension. And the blocks are proported to be cast in the good ole U.S.-of-A! Should be a win-win all the way around? -Dave-

dannyracer6
01-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Dave, If they make it legal for Pro4, I see guys salivating now over it. sooner or later we are going to run out of 2.3/2.5 cast blocks and heads. Esslinger is certainly doing their homework. Might be a bit pricey to start but in the long run, I agree, win, win.

Dan

silver99
01-21-2012, 06:10 PM
yea, i will agree its a bit pricey...its $ 1.00 per cc...and its not even bored or anything yet....$2300 for the block, it is a nice piece for sure..and esslinger is doing all they can to keep up to technology and the lack of stock equipment. kudos to them for making this for the racers...but the price is still to much for some of us non mini mod 4 racers...

let-r-eat
01-21-2012, 09:51 PM
A dart v8 block 1500. I understand quantity means cheaper pricing but 2000+ is too much money.

Dan32
01-22-2012, 08:39 AM
A dart v8 block 1500. I understand quantity means cheaper pricing but 2000+ is too much money.

it will come down once the gotta have it guys spend there money on them!! and they realize the average guy cant or want spend that money!!! like the rhea head!

Headhunter
01-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Have they ever come down on the price of a part? I dont remember ever seeing it.

Racedad
01-23-2012, 01:44 PM
ROFL,Don't hold your breath.......Anyway Before I'd pay half that kind of dough for a bare block I'd move up to a V8 or get out completely.

Dan32
01-24-2012, 07:42 AM
esslinger is selling the rhea head for alot less than race and pep so?? i hate esslingger but there cheaper!!

let-r-eat
01-25-2012, 10:25 AM
esslinger is selling the rhea head? didn't know that.

Headhunter
01-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Esslinger is not selling the Rhea head and from what I gather nobody is. The Race Eng. is a Chinese cast iron head that may or may not have been patterened off the work done on the Rhea head. The Esslinger D-port head is Aluminum and Esslinger designed off the original late model D-Port head.

I guess the Race head can make real good power but needs work to be made right. I cant tell you anything about the Esslinger head as the aluminum heads is not stock and not legal in classes around here. Dont know of anyone using it to compare it with except our pro4 modified limited division that allow them or iron but not really sure who has them on the cars and with 2 divisions runnign the same race it really is hard to tell.