PDA

View Full Version : traveling late model driver question?

hobbyseven
01-23-2012, 09:44 AM
I see that these guys have several crew members and I was thinking of running some short series events this year. How much changing to the cars are you guys doing between racetracks, will my set ajustable shocks be ok, how many tires does one need on hand, what about major chassis changes or more shock spring combination changes? I feel no threat to to you guys, be lucky to make most of the events since I haven't been to a lot of the tracks anyway, just needing some advice to what I'm getting into this year. Only 5 years in lm at 3 tracks in Ga., going to use this year as a learning curve, they say to get better to run with the best!? Maybe

hall99
01-24-2012, 09:25 AM
We carry 30-40 tires with us we don't normally use all of them but every sanction seems to have a little different rule. I very seldom make much changes with springs etc... unless track conditions are extreme or we are going to a place that we know requires something different. The big thing is knowing the tracks you are going to and there characteristics that really determines what we do at the shop the week before.