PDA

View Full Version : GM intake information needed

gottaloveit
01-23-2012, 11:33 PM
short version of the rules for the class i run- we are supposed to stay under 360 ci, stock production heads (no vortec, marine, 300 hrs. i have 993s and 487s), 500cfm 2 bbl carb, must run hydro cam and the engine has to pull 18 in of vacuum @ 1000 rpm after the race, we have to run a stock production intake (no aluminum, marine, bowtie, vortec, high rise of any kind).

i run in the 6700-7000 rpm range on a 1/4 mile semi-banked dirt track.

i've found an intake with castin number 3783244 on it. i've looked it up online, and it seems to be a good solution from the reviews and opinions of it, but my question is whether or not it's worth it to get a brzezinski stage 1 or fully modified version of the stock appearing intakes that they offer? i am sure the brzenzinski intake is better, but i am not sure that it it $600 better, hahaha.

just looking for a little better input/opinion then i've been able to find.

any info will be helpful. thank you in advance.

stock car driver
01-24-2012, 07:29 AM
http://www.jnjfab.com/gallery/gallery.asp?sname=For+Sale+-+Parts&id=44

I modify a #250 q jet intake and it made more hp than Brez intake. I sell mine for $250.

gottaloveit
01-24-2012, 12:25 PM
do your intakes still have the GM markings on the outside (firing order, etc.)? i couldn't see either way in the pictures on the website you linked.

i tried to send you a pm, but i couldn't.

stock car driver
01-24-2012, 01:21 PM
No gm numbers.

Mine arent for cheating, they are for when its legal to port a oem intake. You can unbolt the carb and see mine and brez are modified.

Ive got some #250 intakes that are un modified also, thats the best flowing unported gm intake available. They used to be worth $250 stock when lots of tracks had no porting rules.

Driver88
01-24-2012, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=stock car driver;1485525]No gm numbers.

Mine arent for cheating, they are for when its legal to port a oem intake. You can unbolt the carb and see mine and brez are modified.

Thank you. Keeping a race car up is costly enough.

You gotta love what cheaters have done for the sport though. They have made it where an honest man can't keep up. The pure street class could be so much fun and affordable if it wasn't for cheaters. I think they should bring back or enforce the claimer rules. That would stop some of this cheating.

I'm not saying anyone here is. I don't know any of y'all I just know what is happening at our localvtrack.

Driver88
01-24-2012, 05:57 PM
The track here still has the the expensive GM casting rule and stock arms rule. Which I would say makes it cost alot more but they don't check anyways. Besides that people are spending $5000+ on motors for the stock class which is supposed to be a roc 2 barrel 2 barrel intake no vortecs 19in vac motor. Heck they have 4 classes with a weight rule and they only weigh one. Its pittiful.

gottaloveit
01-24-2012, 06:00 PM
if they don't have the GM markings on the outside, i can't use them. the unmodified ones do, though? if so, what are you asking for them?

stock car driver
01-24-2012, 06:01 PM
if they don't have the GM markings on the outside, i can't use them. the unmodified ones do, though? if so, what are you asking for them?

The unmodified ones Ill sell for 120 shipped. They are not cleaned or anything, just oem pull offs casting number is 250. This is the same intake I drill the holes in and modify cus you dont have to do any porting its so clean inside.

Jeff

stock car driver
01-24-2012, 06:05 PM
The track here still has the the expensive GM casting rule and stock arms rule. Which I would say makes it cost alot more but they don't check anyways. Besides that people are spending $5000+ on motors for the stock class which is supposed to be a roc 2 barrel 2 barrel intake no vortecs 19in vac motor. Heck they have 4 classes with a weight rule and they only weigh one. Its pittiful.

vac rules cost a lot of money in research, southern sportmods ran a vac rule and their motors were into the 6-9k range, lol... IMCA bought the sanction and has now dropped the vac rule and put them on a 4412 only, no q jet, it should allow a 3500 dollar motor to compete easily... Maybe Im wrong and you really do get your moneys worth paying 9k for 3500 in parts assembled because the guy knows what cam to run?

Ive never bought a motor from a builder, always buy my own parts and chassis dyno all my stuff and change cams to what I choose etc.

gottaloveit
01-24-2012, 06:07 PM
what is the ful casting # on the unmodified intake? i tried to find info on a q jet with the last 3 #s 250, but couldn't.

unless i've misunderstood something, somewhere. very possible.

stock car driver
01-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Thats the last 3.

Graff Spee
01-24-2012, 08:41 PM
A modified manifold is a major difference! Well worth the cost!

gottaloveit
01-24-2012, 10:25 PM
A modified manifold is a major difference! Well worth the cost!

right. i have to have one with the GM #s on the outside, though.