PDA

View Full Version : rear roll center

hot
01-25-2012, 09:16 PM
How can i lower the rear roll center on a metric four link ? I have upper mount as close to the housing and lowers can be only 2.50 away from housing by the rules

rebel1mcelroy
01-31-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm curious also!!

stockcar5
01-31-2012, 12:13 PM
if your not allowed to move you mounts anymore than you already have then you wont be able to change it. if you are allowed to get the lowers closer to the housing that will lower the roll center.

moving violation
01-31-2012, 03:09 PM
raising the front of the upper arms will also lower RC.

hot
01-31-2012, 03:27 PM
Which would help
More rasing lowers on rear end
Or rasing uppers on chassis? And if uppers are raised on chassis what happens if there higher than on rearend? Thanks

buterbaughb1
01-31-2012, 08:57 PM
If moving the upper points up on the chassis will help forward drive for a metric, would using the monoball bushings help eliminate possible bind? I agree with all 4 level as ideal, I'm just open to ideas

dirt fox
02-04-2012, 10:19 AM
I would raise the lower up next to the tube and after that raise your cell and battery as high as possible.

Our rules dont allow for raising the front upper locations but I know people that have and while when done right it gives a ton of fwd drive, done wrong you can chase your tail for a long time trying to figure it out.

My full sized chevelle let me set all 4 trail arms level and it had lots of fwd drive. I wouldnt go more than all 4 level if you do move the upper fronts.

The only way I would consider doing it would be to make a fixture and make sure I get it right. A bind in your rear 4 link can wreak havock on any set up... trust me. Ive re jigged over 30 rearends for people some were way out of wack and the improvements gained were huge each time.

you say when done right. plz explain. my rules allow me to move the upper mounts on the chassis

hot
03-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Thanks good info