PDA

View Full Version : RF tie down

kn14
01-26-2012, 03:23 PM
I am posting to try to get an idea of what durometer rubber bump stop people are using to keep the Rf frame rail from digging into the ground when using a tie down shock on the rf? Any input is appreciated!

kn14
01-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Come on! Someone has to have some suggestions on keeping the frame rail off the ground!!

charcoal01
01-28-2012, 12:32 AM
I am posting to try to get an idea of what durometer rubber bump stop people are using to keep the Rf frame rail from digging into the ground when using a tie down shock on the rf? Any input is appreciated!

Might not be exactly what you're looking for but we welded a small piece of 1/4 plate to the back side of the rf a arm, right underneath the rear of the upper spring pocket. Car doesn't dig the frame rail now.

texas racer
01-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Raising the frame rail is the only way for it not to bottom out or dig in, but that is not legal anymore. All I can tell you is you have to dig the mud out.

kn14
01-28-2012, 10:37 PM
It would be nice if we could roll that rail up for sure! I guess I was trying to get a feel for whats going on out there to achieve the rail no digging. Back to the old drawing board!

xxxmod
01-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Come on! Someone has to have some suggestions on keeping the frame rail off the ground!!

What Charcoal01 said,thats the first place on a chevelle front to bottom out.