PDA

View Full Version : Boyd's Cabin Fever race live updates

germanww2photos
01-28-2012, 08:31 AM
Live updates from the Cabin Fever race at Boyd's will be posted on the official Twitter and Facebook pages of Frank Ingram Racing.

The link for the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002254010064#!/pages/Frank-Ingram-Racing/289514077733184

The link for the Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/#!/f9ingramRacing

Returning to Dirt
01-28-2012, 01:00 PM
I also have updates going on Tennesseeracer.com.

46 SLMs and 37 crates here. Hot laps going on now.

fan25
01-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Randy Weaver won the Super ..

dee81fan
01-28-2012, 06:32 PM
i thanks the fans and boyd's for showing up and putting the show on. its really agitating to watch a train race though. the track prep was garbage they didn't touch the track after practice and the bad thing is all they had to do was cut the thing up a little there wasn't any sun on the track all day. the stands where clearing with 15 to go in the late model feature. its one thing to be slick but a its horrible to be slick and one groove. don't get me wrong i have seen a few good races there when it is was slick but to crack the year of with a stinker like that is a tragedy. i would love to see boyd's step it up on the track prep everything else is on par to be a great race track. 0 passes in the feature that didnt involve a bumper.

acetone
01-28-2012, 06:52 PM
i thanks the fans and boyd's for showing up and putting the show on. its really agitating to watch a train race though. the track prep was garbage they didn't touch the track after practice and the bad thing is all they had to do was cut the thing up a little there wasn't any sun on the track all day. the stands where clearing with 15 to go in the late model feature. its one thing to be slick but a its horrible to be slick and one groove. don't get me wrong i have seen a few good races there when it is was slick but to crack the year of with a stinker like that is a tragedy. i would love to see boyd's step it up on the track prep everything else is on par to be a great race track. 0 passes in the feature that didnt involve a bumper.thats what day racing is. the sun was out most of the day. what kept it partway warm. nobody left with 15 to go where i was sitting. when you race during the day, thats what you get. be glad you got to spend the day at the track. my grandson andi am sure glad.

ga racer
01-28-2012, 07:18 PM
not sure what race you were watching but there was definitely passing going on.

99plummer
01-28-2012, 08:37 PM
It didnt help that they ran on it the night before..

run4themoney
01-29-2012, 11:18 AM
i thanks the fans and boyd's for showing up and putting the show on. its really agitating to watch a train race though. the track prep was garbage they didn't touch the track after practice and the bad thing is all they had to do was cut the thing up a little there wasn't any sun on the track all day. the stands where clearing with 15 to go in the late model feature. its one thing to be slick but a its horrible to be slick and one groove. don't get me wrong i have seen a few good races there when it is was slick but to crack the year of with a stinker like that is a tragedy. i would love to see boyd's step it up on the track prep everything else is on par to be a great race track. 0 passes in the feature that didnt involve a bumper.If the sun wasn't out all day I wonder why I look like a racoon today. Top of my old bald head is pretty red too. I agree with one thing. I hate practice the day before the race but with the wind and the SUN that didn't shine it wouldn't have mattered. You must of just watched Weaver because there was plenty of passing going on back through the field Scoggins and McCarter were coming to the front and not touching anyone, as well as others. Racing isn't all about the leader in my opinion. Day racing is what it is. You know what it's going to be like 95% of the time you go before you get there. Hey it's late January you got off the couch and got to see racing, smell the fumes, and bullchit with fellow racing fans. I'll take that any day. Thanks Boyd's for giving me the oppurtunity to be at my favorite place. A dirt track near you!!!!

kd1
01-29-2012, 11:42 AM
William Thomas, Lamar Scoggins, and the McCarter kid passed some cars (or so i thought).

stevo
01-29-2012, 01:06 PM
I did see some passing around 10th but it took a sevendy thousand dollar car to win !

chupp n bloomer fan
01-29-2012, 06:52 PM
I did see some passing around 10th but it took a sevendy thousand dollar car to win !Sevendy thousand, exactly how much is that, and what currency is that?

dee81fan
01-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Did you read my post it says there wasn't any passing that didn't involve someone hitting someone and no that isn't clean racing take it from someone that has had to fix these cars weekly. The racetrack clearly suck when 10 cars pull off without any damage cause they can't pass. If a driver of the caliber of mike marlar pulls off running 5th cause he can't go anywhere and advance his position the hello the track sucks. Do I love going the races hell yeah and I'm only saying something because there are so many people there that should have seen a way better show than that. 12 cars finished the race with 1 or 2 cars that had damage. I have saw multi-groove day races they usually involve cutting the track and a water truck neither of which were used on race day.

dogg
01-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Anybody know weavers motor package?

dee81fan
01-29-2012, 07:42 PM
All I know if that weaver love race engine design motors! I'm sure he has a 410 or bigger! That man is one the best slick track drivers in the country he is an awesome wheel man and I hope to see him run a full season this year!

lovin dirt
01-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Scoggins and McCarter were racing CLEAN and passed many cars.. Mike Marlar Pulled off because he went high in turn 4 hit and climbed the wall and broke something on right front and left the track HEAVILY DAMAGED.

JJinGA
01-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Would like to thank Boyds for giving us the Cabin Fever (because I have it). My daughter has never been to a day race, (but I told her a head of time what to expect). It was cloudy when we arrived, but just before the cars hit the track...out popped the sun. Great to see Weaver and RJ finish 1st and 2nd. Anyway, we left the track happy to get to see a race in late January. Glad they didnt make it a night race, because as cold as it was saturday & sunday night, we would not have been there.

perfconn
01-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Weaver was running a 360ci Southern All Star Spec engine from Jr. Weisgarber not from Race Engine Design.The engine is for sale for $10,000 and it has only the Cabin Fever race on it.

skinnyracer39
01-29-2012, 09:23 PM
I did see some passing around 10th but it took a sevendy thousand dollar car to win !

what kind of car cost seventy thou ?

perfconn
01-30-2012, 03:52 PM
I guess if the engine is for sale for $10,000 then the car would be only be $60,000 What a joke.

ga racer
01-30-2012, 06:02 PM
dee81 your an idiot if you really believe marlar was was running 5th and pulled in , he was never 5th, dont take it so hard that your 2 boys didnt fair to well.

clayman2
01-30-2012, 07:20 PM
stevo knows exactly what he is saying his a top notch driver from this area and knows everything

acetone
02-02-2012, 03:58 AM
if they redid the track we would have been there to midnight.

badacefaist19
02-02-2012, 09:45 AM
yeah marlar fell back a little bit because you couldnt pass. he said fak it, because why would you waste your good equipment on a little 3k race with no where to go when you have speedweeks coming up.

i also did not see any passing. but who wants to watch the back of the pack? i was just hoping ronnie couldve passed using a lapped car as a pick or something. hats off to weaver.

hell all in all i would agree with dee81, the track was terrrible. but once again its a day race at boyds and they practiced the night before, so it was expected.

stevo
02-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Just go see how much a Bloomquist car cost, he don't think its a joke, they really cost that much !

ga racer
02-02-2012, 06:28 PM
weavers car was a 06 or 07 grt , no where near a 70grand car

skinnyracer39
02-02-2012, 08:56 PM
just go see how much a bloomquist car cost, he don't think its a joke, they really cost that much !

they are a lot of diff in a grt and a bloomquist chassis you can look at them and see the diff in them

ozzie 35
02-03-2012, 02:53 PM
i thanks the fans and boyd's for showing up and putting the show on. its really agitating to watch a train race though. the track prep was garbage they didn't touch the track after practice and the bad thing is all they had to do was cut the thing up a little there wasn't any sun on the track all day. the stands where clearing with 15 to go in the late model feature. its one thing to be slick but a its horrible to be slick and one groove. don't get me wrong i have seen a few good races there when it is was slick but to crack the year of with a stinker like that is a tragedy. i would love to see boyd's step it up on the track prep everything else is on par to be a great race track. 0 passes in the feature that didnt involve a bumper.
Not real sure what race you were watching but I thought that was a good race. The b hobby race saw side by side racing by the first two cars for most of the race, only to be broken up with 3 to go by lapped traffic. as far as the SLM race, RJ just got out motored by Weaver. What I liked about the track was it put the race in the drivers hands.It took a little patience and alot of car control instead of just stab and steer.Conditions are not always perfect,but Saturday's track was for experienced drivers.A few in the top 5 started toward the back.I was happy to see a race period.The day race brought back memories of those fall NDRA races back in the 80's. God job Gar and company.

perfconn
02-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Sorry to disagree but Johnson didn't get out motored. Johnson had a 376ci all aluminum CT525 with a 12 inch spoiler.Weaver had a steel block 23* SAS Spec that he never got over half throttle.The difference on a black ice track was setup and driving.

fordondirt
02-04-2012, 09:16 AM
weaver also had a 12" spoiler with the spec engine.that day he was the best.

perfconn
02-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Very true what you said.

stevo
02-04-2012, 04:20 PM
They announced Bloomquist chassis. but if it was GRT it was really going !

perfconn
02-04-2012, 04:25 PM
No if about it.It was an older GRT

ozzie 35
02-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Sorry to disagree but Johnson didn't get out motored. Johnson had a 376ci all aluminum CT525 with a 12 inch spoiler.Weaver had a steel block 23* SAS Spec that he never got over half throttle.The difference on a black ice track was setup and driving.
RJ caught weaver in traffic , but Weaver pulled away on open track.Dirt racing is adapting to the track conditions. Good or bad the track is the same for everybody.When the track changes you have to change your race car.I saw Larry Moore at Dixie back in the 80's at a daytime NDRA race put on slick Hoosier tires and blister(pardon the pun) their ass.The winner never complains about track prep.