PDA

View Full Version : Ford Granada

BSKA
01-29-2012, 07:24 AM
any thoughts on the granada streestock? i know the metrics and camaros are the preferred(have run both) sold my metric this year to take a year off but..........a buddy of mine has a race ready granada for asphalt. worth the effort to change the setup to dirt and go have some fun? any setup opinions similiar to maybe a nova???
advice and comments much appreciated, and please no replies on go with a metric!!
thanks

raceman17
01-30-2012, 06:38 AM
I ran a granada for one year when I first got into racing in the late 90's. It was the WORST thing you could ever have on a race track. The front syspension was a PITA to do any adjusting on. Since there is really no real frame on the car the front end is really weak. After finishing in the back every single race I was in I decided to get a new car and go with a metric. 10000000% improvement. Also, you will never find anybody else at the track running a granada when you might need a spare part. Everybody else cnan help you out with metric parts.

5dirtracing
02-12-2012, 07:42 PM
if you planning on running a ford car use crownvic frame and put the granada body on it then take the rest to the crusher

race6sq
02-13-2012, 01:41 AM
i have a ford chasis handles great old car but good car full frame torino frame ltd stub

dirty white boy
02-13-2012, 04:44 PM
front clip an rear clip need to be conected like a camaro dose,..use to be a bunch of them run round here back in the day!

BSKA
04-05-2012, 08:54 PM
car is a complete tube chassis with a granada front clip and granada body(could prob swap to thunderbird if wanted). not many stock components other than front end ie. lowers, spindles, steering. fully tunnelled no stock firewalls or floor. really think it could be much weaker then these old tired metrics that have been re clipped 10 times already? i guess im trying to figure out how to setup? like camaro, nova????

Crash 4
04-06-2012, 07:19 AM
I'm sure you could get a Granada to work, but there is not alot of them being used due to wheelbase. Would not be legal for IMCA or UMP. Wheelbase is too short.

dirty white boy
04-07-2012, 03:24 PM
car is a complete tube chassis with a granada front clip and granada body(could prob swap to thunderbird if wanted). not many stock components other than front end ie. lowers, spindles, steering. fully tunnelled no stock firewalls or floor. really think it could be much weaker then these old tired metrics that have been re clipped 10 times already? i guess im trying to figure out how to setup? like camaro, nova????
get it set up right should do good,..an lil wider than a metric!!

BSKA
04-08-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm sure you could get a Granada to work, but there is not alot of them being used due to wheelbase. Would not be legal for IMCA or UMP. Wheelbase is too short.

min wheelbase where i run 100", so ok there!