PDA

View Full Version : New car setup order?

jsf74
01-29-2012, 12:08 PM
I have my car almost done and am getting ready to start with my first initial setup. Where is the 1st place to start and in what order do you do things. Remember I have never done this before and I also know one thing can change everything else. Car is a metric impressive chassis. I have the setup sheet from previous owner so I know rough values of what's needed.

hotrod4890
01-29-2012, 01:24 PM
The first thing I would do is make sure all fluid levels are where they need to be. Then set your ride heights. Then set your front end. Then scale the car rechecking the ride heights as you go. Remember to work with all 4 corners of the car when adjusting the wheel weights. If you need to add left rear add 2 turns to the left rear, take 2 turns out of the right rear, add a turn to the right front, and take a turn out of the left front. And to add right rear do the opposite to each corner... That should keep the ride heights close to right. Good luck!

johnny v
01-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Get your tires measured and wheel offsets in place , check your setup sheet for the correct amount of fuel for the percentage numbers called for on the set up sheet.... remember .... pull an axle out of your floater rearend before getting on the scales.... first off... do the Left side percentage and rear percentages...... you can twist and turn on all the wedge bolts and coil overs you want but you only change Left side and Rear % by physically moving ballast or adding ballast....re-check the ride heights after any weight is moved or added.......... THEN play with your LR bite.....ride heights...etc...

jsf74
01-29-2012, 03:16 PM
I've never heard of pulling a axel for setup? Can u explain.

dirtmod21
01-29-2012, 05:58 PM
You pull the axle to keep it from binding, because it will affect your numbers.

jsf74
01-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Makes sense. I would never have thought about that. After the car is set at ride height what are you using to square the rear. My front stub is turned so I'm assuming I set up the front and just square off the front tires. But if I do this dosent this defeat the purpose of the turned stub?

oldtrackchamp4x
01-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Square off the mid- plate.

jsf74
01-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Ok thanks.