PDA

View Full Version : Twin plug 2300 head

Rtruck
01-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Have a '93 twin plug head. I understand the flow numbers are pretty good. Question is, can these things be adapted to run as a single plug with conventional distributor etc for mini stock race purposes without spending huge sums of money?

Dan32
01-29-2012, 03:41 PM
they only flow ok at low rpms! the biggest problem is you have to do alot of modifying to the intake for carb to work![weld aluminum] so prolly not worth it when rhea head will out flow it 2 fold!

Racedad
01-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Everything is interchangeable except the intake manifold,dual plugs heads bolt right on the older blocks and vice versa.Cams etc all swappable.Biggest issue is no readily adaptable carb intakes.

You can of course just fire 1 set of plugs.

Newer heads have 7mm valvestems and round tooth timing componants which are a plus.

Limitations to milling are the same as single plug heads,you can cut right down to the intake bolts.

We have had good success running them with an .080- cut and Esslinger SVO intakes redrilled to fit and some porting on the intake side.

Stock porting has a great deal of swirl,too much for a high rpm race head IMHO. Without some port work they will not flow as well as a stock oval or d-port.

Fullthrottlex02
12-07-2012, 07:01 PM
everything is interchangeable except the intake manifold,dual plugs heads bolt right on the older blocks and vice versa.cams etc all swappable.biggest issue is no readily adaptable carb intakes.you can of course just fire 1 set of plugs.newer heads have 7mm valvestems and round tooth timing componants which are a plus.limitations to milling are the same as single plug heads,you can cut right down to the intake bolts.we have had good success running them with an .080- cut and esslinger svo intakes redrilled to fit and some porting on the intake side. Stock porting has a great deal of swirl,too much for a high rpm race head imho. Without some port work they will not flow as well as a stock oval or d-port.pm me i need help on a twin plug 2.3 thank you