PDA

View Full Version : Pit Lifts

BTDT
01-30-2012, 01:36 AM
I know this has been tossed around before but how about once more.

I want to buy a pit lift. I want opinions of which is best? why? price? storage and movement issues?
New vs Used?

Lets hear the good the bad and the ugly!

Thanks!

Dshiels
01-31-2012, 01:05 AM
The lift I us is Good Lift out of Michigan. The lift has dual action cylinders, so u don't have to worry about the lift not going all the way down when the weight of the car comes off as the tires touch down. They also have a safety device on both side if u r worried about a hose breaking. Good quality at a fair price. U will be surprised how much you use the lift during the week in the shop scaling, maintenance, washing, great for doing body work, no posts in the way. hope this helps.

poppy
01-31-2012, 10:03 AM
The race-lift lift is the only way to go. I have had both race-lift was 40lb and most are at least 60lb. Makes a big difference when lugging it around. The race-lift is more expensive but well worth it.

pajamie
01-31-2012, 09:06 PM
http://www.racingjunk.com/Late-Models/2316441/Car-Lift.html?source=featuredAds

The ad says it all..

trent1041
01-31-2012, 10:55 PM
Definatly race lift very light durable and reliable I ran 20 races last year and always used it at the shop to and finally in late sep charged the battery for the hell of it but I really think it would have went all year with not Evan having to charge it. My car has been on mine in the winter for 3 months at a time and never had a prob defanatly worth the few hundred extra to get the best