PDA

View Full Version : sport mod ?

robbie124
02-01-2012, 08:58 PM
this will be my first year in modified and there is a track real close to me running a sport mod class and i already have a motor that meets all the reguirements and that i belive can be competitive but my trans is iffy its a guss so it meets the stock case rule but the only rule they have posted about clutches is no mini clutches witch a guss dont use because it has an internal clutch so as far as on paper it meets the requirements.. but i really dont want to start off being a cheater even tho i know theres one in every bunch.. but what do u all think this is suposed to be a cheap modified class to keep poor boys like me racing but i bought this trans for less than it would have costed me to buy the whole saginaw trans, stock clutches, hyd throwout bearing and all that stuff. i dont know how to get a hold of anybody at that track so im kinda at a lost i already have the car and every thing set up with the guss bolted in i just dont know what to do.. would i be breaking the rule, bending it a little or am i alright..

TeamGRT12x
02-01-2012, 09:09 PM
That Guss would be illegal. They don't want the 5.5" Mini Clutches.