PDA

View Full Version : Clamped LR brake

C10
02-05-2012, 08:34 PM
The TWM cages we have for our black rocket have the brake clamped to the axle tube on the LR instead of floating, the RR IS attached to the birdcage, now it seems to me this is backwards? Most I have seen have the RR Clamped and the LR floated with the cage, The result should be the same should it not, as the force is still pulling the lift arm down during braking, or is it because you want the bird cage on the LR to rotate forward on the brake, or RR for that matter? Car drives good just want to know if were missing out on something. Thanks......................... NOTE by floated I mean the caliper is floated by being attached to the bird cage and not clamped to the axle

mab475
02-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Float both sides.

C10
02-05-2012, 09:47 PM
we have ran other chassis floated both sides, just wondering why others talk about clamping the RR and keeping the lr floated and if we are working backwards here. When we bought the car the cages were marked RR& LR so we just assembled it that way.

mab475
02-06-2012, 12:58 AM
Floating the LR is used for helping to keep the car on the bars so it doesn't set down to far on corner entry (mostly used for drivers that can't trail brake). Truthfully more of a crutch than anything and doesn't help the driver learn how to properly drive the car. There are better ways to help keep the car up. Imo