PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol carb draining

modracer47
02-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Getting back into racing mods and going the alcohol route ( always used race gas prior ).
We are getting the KSE TandemX pump and we have a few questions:
1) Drain the carb every night after racing?
2) Do you use shut off valve, before the pump,
when you drain the pump?
KSE says to spray WD40 and we figured if taking of fuel line, need a way to stop
the fuel.
3) Or is there a "new and improved" method to this?

Appreciate your answer(s) to probably common sense questions.

dirttrackrocker
02-07-2012, 12:52 PM
I drain my float bowls and fill them with gas after the weekend. I don't worry about the pump till winter. Then I take the lines off and fill it with a mix of gas and ATF.

Darkstar15
02-07-2012, 01:58 PM
We use alcohol lube in our fuel and have not had a problem in 5 years with KSE pump or Braswell carb. Between seasons we drain everything, put WD40 in Carb, Marvel Oil in fuel side of pump and wait to next season. Never had to drain carb or pump during season.

John

kencar87
02-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Getting back into racing mods and going the alcohol route ( always used race gas prior ).
We are getting the KSE TandemX pump and we have a few questions:
1) Drain the carb every night after racing?
2) Do you use shut off valve, before the pump,
when you drain the pump?
KSE says to spray WD40 and we figured if taking of fuel line, need a way to stop
the fuel.
3) Or is there a "new and improved" method to this?

Appreciate your answer(s) to probably common sense questions. (1) make sure you have a shut off valve prier to the carb (before pump). (2)fill your bowls with gas as stated in one of the other comments , run the squirters to clear alcohol and let gas through , this will keep this area from gumming up. (3) everything else can stay with alcohol (4) dont worry car will fire fine with gas in carb turn on valve , you are good to go. (5) at the end of the year clean off carb, run some gas through it fill bowls with wd spray wd out of squirters put in a plastic bag and set on the shelf until next season, bowls full of wd. (6) pull off pump, do the same with it as number 5 (7) you can leave fuel in the line as long as the line is full of fuel to the valve, prier to season start up, crimp fuel line before filter and clean or replace filter as needed. This is how we do it and it works for us, good luck to ya.

modracer47
02-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Appreciate the input.
Thanks.