PDA

View Full Version : Falcon transmission clutches

JHobbs26
02-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Has anyone used any OEM clutch for these trannys? IIRC brinn's can use clutches out of a early honda 2 speed tranny. Are these the same as falcon?

And, yes i know the OEM are supposedly not as good as the ones made specifically for Falcon/Brinn. That is a risk i'm willing to take.

shaw33
02-08-2012, 10:37 PM
i know this dont answer your question but how do you like your falcon? we just got one and not many folks have them around here

usafracer
02-09-2012, 08:17 PM
I have two of them and I love them. They dont shift as easy as a brinn but a hell of a lot cheaper and lighter.

JHobbs26
02-10-2012, 09:40 AM
I've driven all three tranny's, bert, brinn and falcon. I dont have an issue with any of them. I bought the falcon when i switched from sprint cars to modifieds back in 2007 just because it was the cheapest of the 3. I might even go as far as to say the falcon is a little better than the other two because it uses a bearing in the tail shaft for the slip yoke, vs. a bushing the other two use. It supposedly free's up the yoke some. Thats their claim anyway.

FYI, i bought clutches from a local transmissioin supply shop for $30.

zeroracing
02-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Yes a falcon uses a smalle honda I think clutch disk. I don't remember the part numbers but were much cheaper going that route last time I changed mine.

Also have a falcon, had some ups and downs but as with any of them. Overall would buy another, really hard to pass up price for the quality.

Egoracing
02-11-2012, 04:39 PM
How long are you guys getting out of the clutches? We ran the same trans from 2005-2007 running about every weekend from Feb - Dec sometimes 2 times a week and it is still in the car running about a dozen times a year until now on the factory clutches.

zeroracing
02-11-2012, 09:51 PM
The original set was 3 seasons, with about 20 shows a year. This Honda set has... I think 4 seasons on them and are still good. Much depends on the driver, I have replaced them for guys yearly, and some almost never. My first set were replaced with a did a full rebuild after loosing another internal part, that scattered metal everywhere so I went ahead and replaced while they were out.

hipower17
02-12-2012, 05:46 AM
anyone got a part number for the clutches

a1driver
02-12-2012, 06:25 PM
has anybody ever used the gears unlimited rebuild kit, ready for my first rebuild and the instructions in the kit say i may need some sort of spacer for the clutches.

modified9
02-12-2012, 08:06 PM
anyone got a part number for the clutches

raybestos r571500