PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Crossmember for Mustang

razorbackrob
02-09-2012, 07:51 PM
I am looking for a crossmember for my mustang mini-stock, are all fox body mustangs running the same crossmember? are 4cyl and v8 crossmembers the same? I know that the brackets vary in size, mine has the 4 1/2in brackets? Does anyone make an aftermarket crossmember?

Milford Motorsports
02-09-2012, 08:26 PM
I always fab up my own trans mounts.Gets rid of low hanging stock mount that always seems to get hung up on everything.

razorbackrob
02-09-2012, 08:32 PM
is it easy to do?

Dan32
02-10-2012, 06:42 AM
is it easy to do?

very easy!!

car62
02-10-2012, 06:36 PM
since the answer "very easy" is a rather idiotic answer(no surprise considering the source)...i will try to elaborate on materials needed.

1x2 rectangular tubing
4 washers with 1/2" holes(or 7/16 depending on the bolt size you use)
3/16" or 1/4" square plate

cut the length of rectangular tubing you need to go from side to side,weld a washer on each side of each end(lengthwise)..pit it in there as if you would a regular crossmember,now takie and cut the plate into a 4"x4" square,using an old crossmember as a pattern drill/slot the plate for the trans mount,then while bolted to transmission(tightly),put the transmission where you want it to be,and weld the plate to the rectangular tubing..you can add small gussets if you would like to...if you are using this on a dirt track application,i would probably go with the heaviest 1x2 tubing you can find...my application is for the smoother,less bumpy asphalt tracks.

Dan32
02-10-2012, 09:06 PM
and if you want simple instead of doushe mount !! try ur local home depot or eletrical supply house get a stick of 3/4 uni strut 2 -1/2 inch bolts 2 inchs long 4 washers 2 lock nuts! and a 4x6 piece of flat stock weld to uni strut and driill a whole and bolt to tranny!! this works on any track smooth ruff dirt asphalt it doesnt matter! car 62 where are u??????????

car62
02-10-2012, 10:15 PM
if you want to know where i am,just look where it says "location"...over there --->

Dan32
02-10-2012, 10:43 PM
if you want to know where i am,just look where it says "location"...over there --->

some of your screen names are under bridge??are u sure where you are???

car62
02-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Douche32...i tried to send you a PM,but you have so many haters,that your inbox is full and it wouldnt send.

Dan32
02-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Douche32...i tried to send you a PM,but you have so many haters,that your inbox is full and it wouldnt send.

ha lol ur blocked lol! and no its full because i give advice to and sale lots of parts to fellow racers that wanna win!! lots of people on here has bought stuff from me and got free advice to better themselves!! and i dont call them names and make myself look like a complete fool as you always seem to shine at every post lol!! you have anything you need to say and wanna act like a man i un blocked you but im not gunna have a pissing contest with a grown man so if you got something to say shoot!!