PDA

View Full Version : 2nd car

Highbanks
02-12-2012, 08:20 AM
My buddy and I are considering a 2nd chassis, something as a back up. ANy thoughts on what would be a descent car at a budget cost, yet give us a chance to stay at least in top ten. any thoughts on Jets? Looked at the one listed in classified, seems like a good deal, but not much knowledge on them. im getting old and cr an not keep changing motors, thought of keeping our car for most nights and maybe setting something else up for the big tracks and as a back up.

clm15
02-15-2012, 07:43 PM
I was un sure of Jet till we got one. John and his staff are great to talk with. Look at his website,for setup manual. They make it ez to read and we won several races last year with our 2007.It has the updated 2011 4 bar mounts, and bearing cages. Here is a link to his site....
http://www.jetracinginc.com/

Highbanks
02-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Where did you win at? What size tracks? I was thinking of driving up this weekend or next. do you have number that I can call? Do you have any pictures or video of the car?

clm15
02-16-2012, 06:25 PM
That will be good. Let me know so I will be here. 440 319-8325 cell. I can't talk at the shop,so I can call you back at 5 or so. You can Text anytime. Look at the for sale page,there is photos of it there. Have some incar vidio on you tube. link is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyMFMZAvROc&feature=related

Ran the UEMS till Had to go to collage.. http://unitedlatemodelseries.com/2011/05

jsf74
02-16-2012, 08:07 PM
if you already have a car why not just buy the same brand with a different motor. would make everything a lot easier.

Highbanks
02-18-2012, 11:54 AM
will call this weekend, waiting on driver to see if he is off Wednesday. He watched the video, car has a screaming motor, is it for sale? What size is it, the video sounds like it screams, what kind of rpm? What size track and gear?

Highbanks
02-18-2012, 11:56 AM
if you already have a car why not just buy the same brand with a different motor. would make everything a lot easier.

If you want to loan us 15k to buy another Hughes, give me your number. Looking for a cheap chassis as a back up.

zeroracing
02-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Most of the jets I have seen seemed to bend easy.

1Blacksheep
02-18-2012, 10:08 PM
If you got something that is winning and you got figured out , Id get another 1 that looks just like it even if it came over with Noah.If its not winning and you are makin ground with it ,get another 1 and continue work.

LM14
02-18-2012, 11:08 PM
We have 2 Jets. A 2007 updated last summer with 2011 front stub and rear mounts. The other is an older Jet cage we saved. built a car from it and copied to the 2011 specs. Both are Impala stubs. We've not run the one we built but we really like the 2007/11 car after it was done. Great forward drive, well balanced and responded to changes well. John is great to talk to and always helped with our questions. We changed drivers after the update and the new driver loved the feel of the car (yes, he has a lot of experience with mods and several wins so he knows what he's talking about). Our only complaint has been slow steering but with "stock car driver's" help, I think we have that corrected with a quicker steering box. Love buying the cheaper lower control arms, spindles and hubs than the Chevelle/Pinto stuff. Our car took some pretty good licks before bending the stub so I would say it's fairly tough. A lot tougher than the DW9 we had before with a '64 Chevelle stub.

JMO,
SPark

clm15
02-19-2012, 01:05 PM
We have 2 Jets. A 2007 updated last summer with 2011 front stub and rear mounts. The other is an older Jet cage we saved. built a car from it and copied to the 2011 specs. Both are Impala stubs. We've not run the one we built but we really like the 2007/11 car after it was done. Great forward drive, well balanced and responded to changes well. John is great to talk to and always helped with our questions. We changed drivers after the update and the new driver loved the feel of the car (yes, he has a lot of experience with mods and several wins so he knows what he's talking about). Our only complaint has been slow steering but with "stock car driver's" help, I think we have that corrected with a quicker steering box. Love buying the cheaper lower control arms, spindles and hubs than the Chevelle/Pinto stuff. Our car took some pretty good licks before bending the stub so I would say it's fairly tough. A lot tougher than the DW9 we had before with a '64 Chevelle stub.

JMO,
SPark

This car is a good car.If it don't sell we will keep it for a backup. I really want to build another short block for the new car, as LM14 said I think the car is very strong,as good as any I have seen.The engine that we ran isnt a hi dollar engine,It has the internal parts from an old Draime,and is a 406. We have a 7600 chip and never touch it.The steering is quick for us,Z-28 box with a 2.1 quickner. The z box is in alot of cars,some s-10s and jeep wagoneer,and wranglers.I even found one in a suburban. Car is still for sale.

Highbanks
02-22-2012, 04:41 PM
We bought a 09 Hughes out of Indiana today. Sorry, we couldn't pass up the deal. $5k complete roller minus motor and tran.