PDA

View Full Version : Throwin Dirt Modifieds

shakenbake
02-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Can anyone tell me some details on Throwin Dirt mods? I am considering purchasing a 2004 locally. I would like to know if anyone has any experience with them at all. I would probably run it as an IMCA Sportmod. I am curious what kind of stub is on them? How nicely they are crafted? If they are safe? Anything would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

diggindirt
02-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Can anyone tell me some details on Throwin Dirt mods? I am considering purchasing a 2004 locally. I would like to know if anyone has any experience with them at all. I would probably run it as an IMCA Sportmod. I am curious what kind of stub is on them? How nicely they are crafted? If they are safe? Anything would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Kevin builds a solid car. His cars are heavy, but safe and will take some abuse. Almost indestructable for a Mod. Make sure the rear end moves freely and doesn't bind.

shakenbake
02-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Do you know what stub they are built from?

diggindirt
02-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Ours was a metric stub.

shakenbake
02-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Is that a big or small metric stub?

want2bfast2
02-12-2012, 07:49 PM
I had a 2006 Thrown Dirt Mod it was a very strong and safe car. It had a late 80's monte stub on it. It was a little heavy comepaired to some other brands but it held up well and was fast. The guy I sold mine to still wins races with it.

Good Luck

shakenbake
02-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks everyone for the input. The car seems like a good deal, just kinda wanted to know a little bit about the car before I got too excited about it. It's good to know its safe.

dirtracer-1
02-14-2012, 06:48 PM
dont buy it run as fast as u can stay away from the car kevin could not make his cars fall out of a tree if he pushed it from the top of thr tree. no knowledge at all about setting a car up , went that route and was on my own bought it brand new kept it one month and gave it away to get rid of it