PDA

View Full Version : Getting Nitrogen bottle filled??

Mosidebite
02-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Anyone have any ideas on where the get Nitrogen bottles filled? I own my own bottle but the supplier was C-Kay so Gano etc wants to sell/ lease one of theirs instead of filling my old one. South Eastern Il.Thanks

Egoracing
02-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Almost any welding company will swap an owned bottle for a full one and charge for the gas. Look for an AIRGAS as that is who I deal with and never had a single issue.

racin6mod
02-13-2012, 05:54 PM
air gas will work with you in most cases.the only thing is when you exchange you'll get an air gas or who ever bottle and you'll need to keep going to them as most gas supply companies will not take a bottle that is marked from another supplier.

Mosidebite
02-14-2012, 10:03 PM
That's the hang up. My bottle is from C-Kay and no one wants to fool with it. St Louis is the the closest C-kay to me know as /I have moved back home.

Egoracing
02-15-2012, 07:21 AM
That's the hang up. My bottle is from C-Kay and no one wants to fool with it. St Louis is the the closest C-kay to me know as /I have moved back home.

Don't know if they have Nit. or not but TSC will trade any owner tank, with a small fee because it is not blue, for one of the ones they rep. I did it when the company that I use went under and I had 2 tanks and I ran out of gas for my Mig on Sunday.

usafracer
02-15-2012, 07:28 PM
If the bottle is still with in its cert then you should have no problem. I have swapped many bottles at places that I didn't get them from when I was traveling.

Is there some reason you want to get your bottle filled? Just swap it out for one of theirs and pay for the contents.

Mosidebite
02-15-2012, 10:15 PM
No one around here will do a bottle swap. They want to sell me their's or lease me one. I would happily exchange cylinders of someone would. The "TSC" I assume is Tractor Supply?

Dirtrunner35
02-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Here in ohio no one around me will swap a tank out.